ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Flamer from Slovenia

220 Trophy, EVO 8
Bought it just a few months ago.
I used to have 1.2 16V and after 2 years it was just too slow :cool:

So this is my new toy...

Year 2002
About 120.000 km
EIBACH Sportlines on original shocks
KTR Hard top mounts
Completely new exhaust system and DeViTo rear exhaust. I love the deep sound my car has =) will post a video in the next few days...

So here are some pics...

slika1.jpg

slika3.jpg

slika7.jpg

slika4.jpg

slika6.jpg

slika9.jpg

mini-dsc4891.jpg

And the interior

slika3.jpg

Just installed hard top mounts a few days ago and changed my springs with EIBACH Sportlines

slika7.jpg

slika1.jpg

I also managed to install cruise control

slika4.jpg

slika6.jpg

slika5.jpg

So this is basically it =) If anyone has any questions about installing cruise control I can write some more details

LY 182
Love it! Wheels are really tidy too. If for some reason I ever had to downgrade I'd be looking at either this or an older Monaco.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
So this is basically it =) If anyone has any questions about installing cruise control I can write some more details

I'd love to know! can it be installed on a 172cup????

I smashed my ankles up in an accident and the Clio hurts me to drive long distances.

would LOVE cruise control on mine!

would need to do mount wheel switches else where though as I have Renaultsport racing wheel now.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
would need to do mount wheel switches else where though as I have Renaultsport racing wheel now.

Pretty sure that one on the panel does the same as the ones on the wheel Lee, its just an ease thing to adjust from the wheel

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Getting a few slovenians on here now!

As you can probably tell from my name I am part Slovenian on my dads side, best holiday ive ever had was going over there to see family. Amazing country, really unspoiled.

Oh, nice car too :)

220 Trophy, EVO 8
Thank you all :cool:

Whats with the steering wheel? looks different? No rubber thumb grips?!

No thumb grips no =) I renewed it and It's much better this way.

I'd love to know! can it be installed on a 172cup????

It would probably fit nicely yes. See below...

a guide or some details on the cruise control would be awesome, im trying to do it on my DCi

My friend just managed to hook up the cruise control to his 101KM dCi and It works like a charm. See below...

Car looks fantastic :cool:

Please do, i really want this in my 172

I opened a new topic in the right section for this tutorial ---> http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6933107 ;)

Last edited:
  220 Trophy, EVO 8
I finaly managed to polish the car =) The color looks even better now! Like a little strawbery :D

mini-photo13.jpg

mini-photo14.jpg

mini-photo17.jpg

mini-photo16.jpg

And I re-arranged my trunk a bit

mini-photo15.jpg

In the near future I am going to do inlet manifold port matching with a help from a friend and then install calibration performance sw from fastchip =) I am targeting to acheve better cold engine behavior and better torque in lower rpm. I think that should do it.

220 Trophy, EVO 8
Just got these 15" F1's for winter tyres and track use...

photo20.jpg

and yesterday I got rear ARB from Whiteline (balancemotorsport.co.uk) and It's already mounted :D

stab5.jpg

stab3.jpg

stab1.jpg

I didn't have the opportunity to test the handling, as it is raining heavily for the past two days...

I also solved my problem with SERV+AIRBAG lights turning up randomly. I soldered the airbag wires under the passenger seat.

I also want to know what's making this sound ---> http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?533806-Strange-sound-in-1st-and-2nd-gear-RS-172 It's probably nothing serious but still, I would like to know what it is. Anyone know?

220 Trophy, EVO 8
Just installed oil temp. gauge a few weeks ago and it's a must have thing for such a car!

5.jpg

And a couple of more pictures of the car =D

1.jpg

2.jpg

rsmerkur.jpg

4.jpg

And with friend's R 21 Turbo =)

shus2.jpg

220 Trophy, EVO 8
A little update after a while...

We've done port-matching

slika3.jpg

The difference

slika4.jpg

And I got myself a RSTuner and am now waiting for fastchip to send me the unlock code so I can then load the performance map =)

rstuner.jpg

220 Trophy, EVO 8
As far as I know, all Clio RS ph2 models have ESP.
They cost around 6000 euros (5000 GBP) =)

I just updated my ECU with RSTuner yesterday and loaded performance map for my car...
I then tested it in 3rd gear with a full tank and 2 persons in it (with the RSTuner Performance Analyzer) and this is what I got:

screen-shot-2011-01-12-a.png

First thoughts and feelings?
Well, the car rides much smoother and there is more torque at lower RPM and the "kick" at 5500 is more smooth.

I will go on a dyno sometime in the spring and will post results then.

I think that the RSTuner is the next best thing besides the Whiteline ARB that I installed/bought for my car!

RenaultSport Clio 172 FF
My 172 is on an 02 plate and doesn't have ESP - switchable or otherwise. Mine is an import though so maybe thats why.