ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 flamer

182 BG
Figured been on here a while I should start a progress thread

the car started life as my other halfs run around she fancied a 172 as at the time I had a cup, I wanted her to have abs and such so I picked her up the flamer for £400. It needed a new windscreen and had no tax and test so the project began..... 150 of he queens pounds later and I had a new screen fitted so just figured take it for a test and see what happens the car looked pretty good underneath. It passed with a few minors one been a tyre close to the limit and other was a drop link. Happy days, happiness lasted two weeks until the aux belt tensioner collapsed luckily we caught it before any damage was done. Half a day later and she was alive again ready to rock.

after 6 months she decided she wanted something different so we bought an audi tt and I ended up with the clio(shame :approve:)

so the project began the car came on standard wheels painted black so I bought a set of standard silver ones I prefer them. First pic on silver wheels

IMAG0653.jpg

I painted the centre caps silver at work and gave it a clean

IMAG0680.jpg

IMAG0681.jpg

I had a snapped spring on the front so I bought a set of lowering springs on ebay wish I would have read the reviews before I bid as the ride is a killer and the bump steer is quite something keeps it interesting I guess, it's improved the feel and turn in no end I won't be keeping them on for too long I don't think

imagejpg2.jpg

imagejpg3.jpg

Next to the tt

imagejpg11.jpg

Plans for the car I want to put the standard badges on the boot, a refurb on the wheels, a cup splitter and maybe some more power I want the suspension and brakes sorting before the engine gets touched got a s/s exhaust to go on at some stage

182 BG
It's got the usual problems steering wheels falling apart seats look tired all will be sorted in due course

182 BG
Quick exhaust related question :)

Been offered a 182 manifold for next to nothing does anyone know the length of pipe that needs fabricating to link the manifold to the centre section? I ca get it fabricated at work for the cost of materials so not paying ktecs princely sum

saves mocking it up and immobilising the car just to measure up

182 BG
Ahhh ok sorry for the confusion I thought it was a straight pipe like the 182 decat

guess I'm best buying the link pipe then

182 BG
Added another flamer to the fleet

2014-10-04103148.jpg

Nothing to update as yet ordered new exhaust mounts and gaskets ready for the s/s system

182 BG
Little update, decided to add some carbon

2014-10-09222336.jpg

All bagged up

2014-10-09223800.jpg

First coat of clear just waiting on stickers now

2014-10-22162958.jpg

182 BG
had a flat and a clearcoat this morning waiting on the airbag and rs stickers now then can lay on the final clear

182 BG
im was planning on tracking the latest one but looks like i might have to sell it

not much has changed recently ordered new dephaser kit with belts and water pump and aux kit to do in the christmas time off toying with camming it just need to find the funds

182 BG
just bought some 182 wheels in anthrecite.can anybody tell me if the tyres are 195 or 205 width and which profile is best was looking at toyo proxe t1r at 205/40/16

182 BG
Little update decided to start refurbing the wheels after arguing with myself on the choice of colour i went darker than i planned but i really like the colour

Rim damage

2014-11-27%2014.33.14.jpg

Filler

2014-11-27%2014.48.16.jpg

2014-11-27%2014.48.04.jpg

Primed

2014-11-27%2016.06.22.jpg

Two costs of base and four clears

2014-11-27%2019.19.13.jpg

182 BG
Cheers mate hope it works out on the car i was going to match the original anthracite but changed at last minute to rover alycamist