ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 handling transformed =)

cant be much worse than the drive I almost ended up making from London to Lancaster! buy the kit and have it fitted locally.

fitting as JJ said is not anything to do with the actuall fitting, but since htey are testing it quite expensively i would assume that they would like to make sure each car gets the exact geometry changes spot on....as each car can differ slightly with the assortment of shims and bolts, but you might not all need the same parts etc etc.

JJ, i wouldnt of though the increased camber would of helped turn in but mid line stability as at the point of turn in you have less rubber on the rd and its only comes into affect under dynamic transitional forces, but anyway.....sounds a top amount of work youve done.

Sure you dont need a second opnion from an unbiast tester? ;)

Hey BenR, feel free to help with the testing ;-) Given my suppliers 20+ years of racing/expertise he -always- scares the sh*t outa me when he pilots my road cars round the lanes!!

Quote: Originally posted by Darren555 on 17 June 2003

Can your supplier provide & fit Eibachs at the same & if so how much for parts & labour please.Cheers,Darren
Indeed he can! Well be costing it up early next week with/without springs/fitting.

JJ172- sorry to join the party so late but this sounds great, could you pls add me to the list of people considering this, im in Scotland but would def travel down.

KDf - r u in Edinburgh, if so could i follow you down if your going.

Cheers!

mailto:ianm@scottishgrass.co.uk">ianm@scottishgrass.co.uk

Thanks for all the PMs....keep em coming!

Youll all on my mailing list now - 17 to-date! Once the track day has helped fine-tune the mods Ill send you all the prices...

Quote: Originally posted by JJ172 on 18 June 2003

Hey BenR, feel free to help with the testing ;-) Given my suppliers 20+ years of racing/expertise he -always- scares the sh*t outa me when he pilots my road cars round the lanes!!

Oh poo....ive only got 13yrs of racing experience ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by mo-- on 18 June 2003&lt;FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6"&gt;JJ172- sorry to join the party so late but this sounds great, could you pls add me to the list of people considering this, im in Scotland but would def travel down. &lt;FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6"&gt;KDf - r u in Edinburgh, if so could i follow you down if your going. &lt;FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6"&gt;Cheers!&lt;FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6"&gt;<a href= "mailto:ianm@scottishgrass.co.uk">ianm@scottishgrass.co.uk&lt;FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6"&gt;
Ye I am in Edinburgh, how long a drive would it be for you then ? I suppose it would be worth it in the end.

Why cant Renault come up with stuff like this and call it something cool like the Renault Clio Handling pack..heh.

I suppose it will be worth it, just have to fire up autoroute and see how many miles it is.

PS. If I am getting it done I WOULD be interested in the eibach springs being fitted at the same time.. how long would it all take cause I cant exactly go anywhere while im down there ? could I just hang around and take pics of the work being carried out or would that piss of the mechanics.. heh.

PPS. Where exactly is the garage that would be doing the work ? cause I want to see how many miles it is. I had to drive the Clio back from London when I bought it so I spose it wont be too bad a drive.

Guys - Ill see what I can sort out for you, but I think itll end up with you having to drive down south. If you want to work out the mileage, the workshop is a 30 min drive from south from J21 on the M25.

Why not combine the trip down with a Bedford or other track day, so you can test out the new handling?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by mo-- on 19 June 2003
do you have a post code so i can put it in my route finder please

Ye a postcode would be ideal, then I can just punch that into autoroute.

How long would the work take ?

*** UPDATE ***

Well, testing went extremely well at a damp Bedford Autodrome last Friday. I managed to get around 70 miles on-track time and was seriously impressed with the new mods. The car, in my humble opinion, is now very well balanced and well mannered, with improved turn-in and cornering, and isnt fidgety on the limit. For reference, Ive driven the same car on the same track (a) as std, (b) with just Eibachs and (c) with Eibachs plus the geometry mods.

On the road the improvements are more noticeable in that it feels like it sticks to the road better when cornering and doesnt feel like the back has a mind of its own, especially on uneven surfaces and under braking. Ive found myself going considerably faster on the same stretches of road that I drive on, and the car inspires far more confidence.

Overall, its a subtle but noticeable imrprovement on an already great car, and well worth a few hundred quid.

James

P.S. Ill be emailing out details and costs later this week for all those that have PMd me...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Sounds great mate,

Will it be ready by July 12th ? cause I am going down to York for a few days.. I could get it fitted then (I wouuld be wanting the 15/5 mil lowering springs fitted too though)

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 30 June 2003

Sounds great mate,

Will it be ready by July 12th ? cause I am going down to York for a few days.. I could get it fitted then (I wouuld be wanting the 15/5 mil lowering springs fitted too though)
Dont see why not. We can fix the price this week hopefully...

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 30 June 2003

when did the hundred become a few?;)
Always been hundred plural BenR :D ... when you consider the kit as a whole - shims, bolts, springs, labour, setup etc.

*** UPDATE ***

Confirmed the prices today, so will be emailing everyone who expressed interest in the kit in the next few days....and I do believe weve secured an excellent deal/price due to the volume of interest (20+).

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

had to be sure.

As some arsehole at a cup race (snetteton) mentioned this to me in some kinda wierd "i have a race team-what do you have?" code.

(said it was top secret- hed done it to his Cup LAD200 hmm)

most of the cup racers there had a posh family affair........all in teh paddock, on foling arm chairs, tea, pimms and finger sandwhiches...........looking down their noses at you............only for you to mention that their driving was sh*t.

lol......

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

yeah the guy was rude

did he know who i was!!

regards

Lord Tom Of the 1st Province of Cliosport.

tomclio1.2

Nah, cant be doin with that sorta attitude..... The guy offering the kit Im talking about (and have had developed on my 172) is far more approachable. None of that "Im too important to talk to you little boy" bo11ox