ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Headlights

Clio 2.0 172
Really wasn't sure where to post this but I'm sure it will be guided somewhere else if necessary. Anyway,What is involved in fitting xenon headlights to a 172 cup? Is it just a case of taking out the cup headlight and plugging in headlights from a standard 172 or what is involved?

Oh,I'm not meaning by fitting an aftermarket h.i.d kit if possible :) Cheers

Da

Less
Yes they are basically plug and play.

To keep fully legal you do need the auto-levellers and washers, but the headlights themselves are very simple to fit.

Clio 2.0 172
How much more complicated would it be to fit auto-levellers and washers? Are we speaking into 'not worth it' effort or money?

Clio 2.0 172
Ah right. It's just the interior and lack of xenons thats putting me off one. Love the colour and the exterior extras on a cup,would just prefer the toys of the standard 172

Ah right. It's just the interior and lack of xenons thats putting me off one. Love the colour and the exterior extras on a cup,would just prefer the toys of the standard 172

With the niggles you will have with a cup alone, you will be glad you havent gone for the normal 172 with more things to go wrong :clown:

Black Gold Trophy
I've fitted xenons to my girlfriends 182 cup mate, it's not difficult.
The adjuster motors that fit onto the back of the headlamp no problems, they are exactly the same on the xenon headlamps as they are on the FF models.
The lamps can be manually adjusted on the panel to the right of the steering wheel.
I fitted them without washer jets, and adjusted the level myself on my driveway, my mate MOT'd them and said they were perfect and passed them.

Yep, piss easy, just unplug the old lights and plug in the new ones, swap your adjuster motor over from the cup headlights and you're done. I've done it to my 1.2, exact same setup.