ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 info

Im soon to be a new 172 owner after finding a nice low mileage car which im picking up at the weekend.

Just got a couple of questions for those in the know -

The first (and maybe only) thing I want to change about the car is the suspension. I want it a bit lower but not really willing to spend the cash on coilovers just yet, so was wondering what springs you get that give the car the biggest drop, and where is the best place to buy them from?

Not worried about comfort etc as i'm used to driving a car on coilovers which were setup to be very stiff.

What induction kit would people recommend for noise? once I have had the car for a few months and get coilovers etc I will get an enclosed one but for now I just want a bit of noise to keep me entertained :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help

Apex -40mm springs would be your best bet, though they are really stiff. If this doesn't bother you though then you're rockin'!

PH2 172
springs, eibach sportlines, not too low, just nice

and the carbon simota makes one hell of a noise, pricey and hard to come by though.

Induction wise I'd personally stick with the airbox and buy an uprated panel filter i.e ITG. I had a Viper on mine although it sounded pretty good it restricted power because it's difficult trying to find a decent place for your CAF without cutting holes in your lower grill or losing a fog light.

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Had a panel filter and induction kit on mine and the panel filter works so much better unless your prepared to get it mapped. The induction kit made the power curve through the revs all jumpy and they jus suck hot air in during the summer losing you power although it does sound good :)