ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 insurance for a 20 year old

Monaco Blue 172
Ive just turned 20 and wil av 2 years no claims. I really want a 172, but i got quoted £3000 by my current insurance company....endsleigh. Does anyone know who will be the cheapest?

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I got insured with Elephant on my 182cup when I was 20. I was named driver and my mum was a second driver and it was about £1700ish with a mod declared.

Clio 1.2 Expression
try the pru, they were the cheapest for my clio though its not a 172. i'm 17 so i would've thought they'd still be cheap for you

adiral, bell, elephant, direct line, tesco, churchill, virgin money - they where all quite cheap for me this year, virgin money got the business by a tenner

R35 GTR
My advice is wait till you are 21. A phase 1 will be had for 2 grand easy, next year.

Greenlight will give you the cheapest quote, but not until you are 21 unfortunately.

greenlight werent cheapest when I was looking. churchill and virgin money where 200quid cheaper on a ph1 172

R35 GTR
theduckeatspork said:
greenlight werent cheapest when I was looking. churchill and virgin money where 200quid cheaper on a ph1 172

I'll give them a call tomorrow then, cheers.

One thing i must add though, greenlight havent been charging me for adding/deleting mods. Do other companies charge? As this could potentially erase any saving I make with another insurer.

Confused.com don't seem to generate quotes that are that good. Someone like Elephant will be the cheapest i would have thought, but you'd be in a far better position at 21 with 3yrs NCB.

Zebrs said:
Confused.com don't seem to generate quotes that are that good. Someone like Elephant will be the cheapest i would have thought, but you'd be in a far better position at 21 with 3yrs NCB.

elephant quotes for payment up front though

Burgandy 174 sport t
Greenlight will give you the cheapest quote, but not until you are 21 unfortunately.

How u work that out Dave?

RB 200 Cup!
bloody hell looking at some of the cheap qotes you guys have had i must really invest in a sport! being 21 with a 1.6 is gettin silly - still love my car tho - lol!

Civic Vtec y0
Saxo03 said:
I am 21, 0NCB, 0 Accidents, 0 Convictions and i got quoted £1200 FC with Direct Line!
Thats a good price, might try direct line now! Not getting a 172, just interested to see how much it would be lol

S-Max
Try phoning Jim at Immediate on 020 8205 2255 they do alot with Norwich Union so get decent prices. I'm 30 and paid £700 fully comp on a 172 cup with business mileage and mrs on there, 8 years n/c. I reckon on a 172 you might get around £1,200..ish