ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Insurance WITH Points!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Ok confess, whats the damage.

Im laffin at sum of the quotes im getting, now i could be a bad boy and front the policy...but i did a quote totally for me with my mum on it" 2072,56£ LOL, ok im a bad boy and have 6 points. and im only 20.

What about the rest of us?

ST

Hi im looking to insure a 2003 mk2 clio 172 sport, i am 20 have 0CB and 6 points, i live in a low rated crime area, the car will be garaged every night, ill be the main driver

Ah ok Mr Robertson, could you send us a picture of you with your boxer shorts round your ankles bending over a table would be encouraged at this point as our chief exec likes to know what hes working with before he has manly bum sex with you, when we have the picture we can quote you happy, good day Mr Robertson.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Al you forget im sharing a tent with you...Ive a giver not a taker like you! Be VERY careful.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

start my new policy tomorrow :

MK2 172, 8k miles a year, 7 YRS NCB, Guaranteed NCB, 17"s, Lowering Springs, Tints, Exhaust, Cup Splitter, Air Filter Change, Fully Comp, £699.30
edit : 1 SP30 from 01/2002

[Edited by Gaz2130 on 31 August 2005 at 2:41pm]

im 19, 1years NCB pass plus no points whatever and i couldnt insure it for less than 3,500, so its not just you... think yourself lucky at that price with 6 points mate!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

8 Mile! Straight outta cromton by the sounds of things, bit like you al...Stealing richbrook aerials aint the straght ganster thing to do!

deep in the pit that is Bradford. (i live in the outskirts, but just the fact it has a bradford postcode doesnt help!)

^almost 8 mile eh? ;).... funny you should say that, i have family that live on 16mile road lol

ST

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 31 August 2005

8 Mile! Straight outta cromton by the sounds of things, bit like you al...Stealing richbrook aerials aint the straght ganster thing to do!
It happened in town mate, you know how them aerial theifs roll up that way!

Holla back!

Golf GT TDi 130

Ive just been quoted £830 on a 182 (presume insurance will be more or less identical to 172?)

thats at 21 with no points and 2yrs NCB.

Decent quote I thought, although it was Elephant :cry:

Camel

850 a year with all mods plus protected ncd of 10 years and 3 points for speeding, and my g/f who has only passed her test for 8months shes the killer on the insurance!!

26y.o.
3 years NCB
172 with lowering springs
Have out my other half on the policy as 2nd driver
SP30 in June 04 - 3 points

Am paying £660 FC for "business class 1" insurance (one step up from "social and commuting", cos I use the car as part of work), 10k a year, with Admiral.

AFAIK my 3 points added about £80 to the policy per year, as did my springs. But adding my other half took it down a fair bit.

H22A7 Accord Type R

Alan, loved it ^^ LOL!

Ali, all i can say is, if you get a policy with elephant, dont ever f**king have a claim lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Well bugger it, im gonna wiat till im 21, elephant quoted me 967£ with 6 points and 2yrs no claims next yr...compared to 2k this yr! sling it!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

No way i eva considered getting a DC5!!! lol there gp 20 and about 9k out ma budget! lol! A DC2 mayb!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

£500, 5 years ncb, 24 years old, protected ncb mk1 172 doing 15k a year :) Other half being on there brought it down by about £40 as well.