ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 insurance

clio 1.6 16V Dynamique
hi all im turning 20 soon and was woundering what the insurance is like on a 172 i just got a qoute and it was £2440 i didnt know if they were any other 20 year olds with a 172 with a lower qoute than that, if so what company?

Cheerz Kev

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I bought my 182 when I was 20 and paid about £1650~ with Elephant. Good post code area and 2NCB.

I would say try Elephant because it should be cheaper with them.

i would wait until your 21 as the quotes I was getting at 20 were way to high, save the money and get a bit more driving experience

RenaultSport clio 172
Brownie said:
hi all im turning 20 soon and was woundering what the insurance is like on a 172 i just got a qoute and it was £2440 i didnt know if they were any other 20 year olds with a 172 with a lower qoute than that, if so what company?

Cheerz Kev

Bell UK are pretty good, after a lot of searching I got mine £375 fully comp and all the trimmings etc, but then again at 34 I suppose its a lot easier for me

Gal

A Clee O
I'm 21 insured with elephant fully comp for £800 and they protected my 4 years NCB.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i just got quoted 1100 for a 10 month accelerator with elephant

21 with 2 years no claims

not to bad!

wish i could get it lower

No i dont, came like that out the factory, so im not botherin, just tried my quote again, its came down to £1365!

£2.4k isn't bad depends on so many things I got quoted
£2.4k at 21
£1.8k at 22
£1.4k at 23

ben_p on here pays £3k at 19 or somehting like that age wise.

172 Sport
ive just gone with Adrian Flux, insurance through Equity Red Star

21 with 4 years Ncd, Good Postcode, All mods included £825

i nearly bit the womens hand off !!

Nathan

Welcome to the L4yer
172 with k-tec stealth exhaust, 25 years old, 5 years ncb, 1 accident (wrote my 172 Cup off!) - Direct Line £612.15, get in!

My mates also 19, though he has 1 years NCD and he got quoted £1200 on a 172 cup, so he is getting it this saturday lol

i'm 19 and got a new quote today on my 172 for £1194 fully comp. give them a call you can knock them down in price (smile sweetly though)

Turbos.
A 19 year old male wouldn't stand a chance to be honest Sophie, i think on 5th Gear the other day they said if you were a woman quotes are literally half...

Turbos.
justinRT said:
My mates also 19, though he has 1 years NCD and he got quoted £1200 on a 172 cup, so he is getting it this saturday lol

Surely its on his parents insurance? I had a 1.2 (albeit modified) which cost more than that at 19 with 2 years NCD...

you could pretend .. it's probably worth giving them a go,as that was with 3 points and no ncb! Tescos are pretty good as well. you'd be suprised.

Renault Clio Sport172 mk2
im 21 and im with direct line. £900. 0 ncb i thought thats pretty gud. im just waiting on my other car policy to run out to transfer my 2ncb over. When thats is done it will be bout £700 which is good considering most insurance companies said i have to be 25 which is b*ll*cks. So if i was u try direct line or tesco both preety good.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
im 20 with a 182 parked on street and bad postcode. 2ncd. £1200 and i only just turned 20 so this was taken out when i was 19 :)
with admiral

'55 CUP 182
Just phoned up tesco to swap my insurance over on the 19th to the 182 and was quoted £528 fully comp, 24, bad postcode, 6 years NCD.

cliobuyer said:
Surely its on his parents insurance? I had a 1.2 (albeit modified) which cost more than that at 19 with 2 years NCD...

No he is on his own policy with his mum as a named driver :)

Broken Diesel Megane :(
I am justinrt's mate and yes admiral quoted me £1250 on my 172 cup. Only 19 with 1 yrs no claims. Dont think can get better than that? That woz the price over the net. Was gonna be almost £1500 over the phone.