ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Interior Fitting HELP :(

RS Meg 175
Trying to fit my PH1 172 interior and having a complete nightmare :dapprove:
so many problems its untrue :(

Problems:

Front seat subframes wont come up
- All Three Nuts off of the underside of the car but one on each seat has a plastic thing instead of a nut i cant get off.

Door Cards Dont fit properly
- Electric window part doesnt reach mine and dosnt let the windows go up again
- Torx screws at bottom dont all go in.

Rear Door Card Passenger side wont come off
- The part that holds the bottom of the drivers seat belt in seems to be jammed and wont come off!.

HELP!! im so depressed please help :(

Matt

Chocolate Bar™
tis a bugger fitting a new interior you just have to perservere. Maybe someone lives locally who can come round to help, is a bugger on your own.

RS Meg 175
Yh got that right buddy! ^^ lol
Managed to get the front seats in.... backseats will go in like a piece of howsYourFather buts its just the front door card issue now :| bloody things wont fit with my electric windows :(

Anyone got any ideas?

you might have to extend the wires and use the new plugs for the leccy windows... from memory of my old Alize the switches are different, and in a different place.

RS Meg 175
Yh i thought that dang :( the wires wont bloody fit their not long enough :| and but i plugged em in and the switch only seems to take the window down :S

maybe you have a faulty switch?

They're only plastic so take them apart and make sure the contacts are ok. You deffinately need to extend the wires though, no big deal just buy some bullet connectors from Halfords and add on another 6 inches or so :)

RS Meg 175
Bullet connectors you say... lol will they be universal? and how do i fit them?

also i cant seem to get the fooking rear door cards to stay in properly they keep slotting out and popping out :|

Matta_88 said:
Bullet connectors you say... lol will they be universal? and how do i fit them?

also i cant seem to get the fooking rear door cards to stay in properly they keep slotting out and popping out :|

well any electrical connectors will work, you just cut the wire and crimp the connectors on. Buy a metre of wire and extend the cables :)

rear door cards popping out at the tops where they meet the windows? yeah mine do that too, there's only a tiny lip where they hook over and its a bugger to get them to stay in. As with the fronts start at the top with that lip and work down. Like i said, mine do the same, i just put up with it lol.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
door cards are a right ring nut to get on, im sure my new ones where half an inch shorter lol,,, u kinda have to put the bottom torx screws in on an angle and then they straighten up

Kinsella said:
door cards are a right ring nut to get on, im sure my new ones where half an inch shorter lol,,, u kinda have to put the bottom torx screws in on an angle and then they straighten up

not if you start at the top of the doorcard and work your way down carefully, making sure everythings seated properly.

I need to take mine off again soon to cure some rattles.... heh.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
im not quite sure on mine as ive fited a few interiors to cars and cant remember off hand, but there is a rubber seal on the back window/doorcard, take the seal off pop the doorcard lip over, push down, then put the seal back on and prize it on with a small rubber mallet.

RS Meg 175
hmm chars lads ^^ ill have to give them a go :)

Also another couple of things... how do you no that youve tightened the subframe bolts sufficiently?
and i cant get the black metal bar unbolted that holds the bottom of the front seatbelt any ideas?

Matt :)

Chocolate Bar™
Matta_88 said:
hmm chars lads ^^ ill have to give them a go :)

Also another couple of things... how do you no that youve tightened the subframe bolts sufficiently?
and i cant get the black metal bar unbolted that holds the bottom of the front seatbelt any ideas?

Matt :)

on my ph2 you had to undo the large bolt (with a torx head) and then pull it out completely so its free of the hole. then tilt it upright. wiggly it about a bit as its 'hooked' in. once youve got the first one figured out the second one flies out

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
are you using torx sockets or torx drivers (like a screwdriver) i was using the screw driver type and couldnt get the seatbelt bit undone but my drivers had a hole in them so put a screwdriver thu the hole to give more leverage (if you know what i mean)

as for electric windows just cut the wires, strip them with a wire stripper (or a set of nail clippers in my case hehe) add a bit of wire (can buy it cheap from halfords) and tape the wiring up.

Martin_89 said:
as for electric windows just cut the wires, strip them with a wire stripper (or a set of nail clippers in my case hehe) add a bit of wire (can buy it cheap from halfords) and tape the wiring up.

don't bodge them... use proper connectors for the join.

Leave the insulation tape for the Mk1 boys... ;)

RS Meg 175
Right, help....please:(

Just been out to look at the door cards (front ones)

and there are about 10 wires of different lengths :| how do i make these longer to reach the new door cards?
and wont i need defferent types of wire?

Cheers guys
Matt

RS Meg 175
Right, help....please:(

Just been out to look at the door cards (front ones)

and there are about 10 wires of different lengths :| how do i make these longer to reach the new door cards?
and wont i need defferent types of wire?

Cheers guys
Matt