ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 koni sideshot (56k welcome)

MKIII 138

sorry for delay the older side shots were at night or the car was dirty.. so here is a cleaned pic of my 172 on Koni Adjustables (shortend shocks) + supplied 30mm springs.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/meggerman/sidefullshot.jpgPicture

its got two new toyo proxes TS-1s on the front (as mentioned last week that i needed some tyres.. thanks for the mytyres.co.uk advise ! who ever that was)

i have one more bonus shot..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/meggerman/cleancloseup.jpgPicture 2

im pleased with the handling although on rough roads its tiresome and feels like your teeth may fall out but to be fair im talking really rough northern B roads here.. not your modern b roads that the rest of civilisation gets

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Car looks great, can i ask what colour were the springs supplied with your Koni kit. I had Yellow Apex ones and the car sat so low it was touching the wheel arch liners. I had to take it off. I have since been told that it luck of the draw which springs you get...!

Let me know as im really interested as i want to get the kit.

Thanks

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 03 April 2005

Car looks great, can i ask what colour were the springs supplied with your Koni kit. I had Yellow Apex ones and the car sat so low it was touching the wheel arch liners. I had to take it off. I have since been told that it luck of the draw which springs you get...!

Let me know as im really interested as i want to get the kit.

Thanks

hi m8,

the colour of the springs are Red. apart from a bit of initial paranoia when i thought it was scrubbing for the first mile over a few speed bumps since then i havent been able to hit the arches since. i run it on its lowest setting so as to retain ome ride comfort although my bro is really interested in the higher settings and has convinced me to play around this weekend. Its really hard at first but not actually uncomfortable probably due to the great seats in the 172. i have noticed though after a few hundred miles the setup eases off a bit and doesnt hammer you over speed bumps like when i had just the eibach prolines on. its settled down to add more comfort must have been really tight when new but its nigh on perfect now.

one word. im not sure if because the understeer is reduced that the outside of the tyre is getting more wear my tyres were needing a replacement anyway but i was shocked at how much tread had vanished i have been trying the kit out though ;).

[Edited by meggerman on 04 April 2005 at 10:23am]

just to add.. do you want the link of where i got them from and which make on the list. i can dig a link out of my email invoice

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Please would be great as i have been told Apex lower the most but it caused a problem on my car.

One last thing on the rear dampers did you get new rubber topmounts and washers as i also noticed the Koni ones (damper rods)were bigger than the renault ones and would not fit.

Your help would be great as im have real problems.

MKIII 138

yea i got rubber top mounts + the shocks are shortened on mine i belive. im @ work at the mo but at some point either today or tommorow il get you the link and point out the items.. maybe you could ask for the red springs specifically when ordering.

MKIII 138

Evo Gone this is where i got mine from and its the same page aswell so same kit as mine... dunno if its worth investigating the coilover koni kits or other kits on this website as they seem to have good prices. its just i couldnt stretch to coilovers or i probably would have. still im happy with what i have.

http://www.deutscheperformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?id=ssk95Link to Kit <

err.. heres another piccy for you also..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/meggerman/coolbluei.jpg
hope this helps and good luck with the purchase.