ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172, Little help?

Will soon be 172!
Hi, i have £5000 to buy a 172 ff. What year and milage am i going to be getting for this money and in what condition?

Cheers :cool:

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Best way to gauge is to scour auto trader. Put in £4000-£6000 with the keyword 172 and see what's on offer. Buy from a dealer though cos you'll probably need the backup. My 182 is on its third trip back to the dealer to have work done under warranty and I've had it 4 months. Ghey.

320d
I wouldn't buy from a dealer as the parts they would cover under warranty aren't likely to fail, most niggles are easily sorted by doing a quick search on this forum

Best bet is to buy a well cared for example from an honest seller who will tell you of every little niggle that has been rectified

5k will get you a 02 or 03 car that should have had its cambelt renewed due to it being 5 years old

Condition wise its just a matter of looking at a few examples

Spec wise they are all the same apart from 53 plate onwards come with cruise control

PH2 172
Best bet is to buy a well cared for example from an honest seller who will tell you of every little niggle that has been rectified

5k will get you a 02 or 03 car that should have had its cambelt renewed due to it being 5 years old

Just what I tried to do, unfortunately most owners I spoke with said "oh my mechanic says it's not due until 72k..." and wouldn't budge much on the price, which IMO made the 5k not really worth it as it would have needed £500 spent on it straight away :)

Thankfully, I found a 51 plate with 56k and belts done for £3800 :D