ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 manifold on a 182

monaco blue clio 172
Can someone tell me how much work it would be to put a 172 Manu on a 182.
Reason being I have bought a 182 with no exhaust but have a spare 172 mani. Not really bothered about performance as it only a cheap banger for using on the occasional auto test

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just put a full 172 exhaust on and a 172 rear bumper if thats your plan. Or you'll need to get a custom decat to match a 172 mani to a 182 centre section

monaco blue clio 172
Don't want to spend no money on it if I can make something fit. Want to build it on a tight budget

Cup In bits
Don't want to spend no money on it if I can make something fit. Want to build it on a tight budget

You say you don't want to spend money but you don't have any exhaust except the 172 and 182 manifold, your going to need some kind of exhaust so why don't you just buy a 182 exhaust and be done with it?

172 manifold is seen as a downgrade from a 182 manifold although both have there strengths in the rev range!

You have to drop the manifold to fit a 182 manifold - the 172 manifold can be fitted from the top just by removing the top inlet manifold

If you chuck a 172 manifold on and then fit the 172 cat you'll find they're too short to meet the middle pipe - but you could get the middle pipe extended at an exhaust place for probably about £40-60 at the most

Or you'll have to drop the sub frame down - spend £100+ on a 182 manifold, and then you'll need a 182 cat which are pretty expensive (£200+ usually)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I've got a 182 manifold there for £60 in good condition if you didnt want to faff on changing bumpers/extending pipes etc.

If it hasnt got a manifold on I'm guessing the subframe has been off at some point so shouldnt be too hard to remove again

monaco blue clio 172
^^ How much wod you want for that delivered? I got my old system of my 172 after I had my stainless so was going to try and fit that on. I was going to cut a hole in the bumper save buying a 172 bumper.

Cup In bits
^^ How much wod you want for that delivered? I got my old system of my 172 after I had my stainless so was going to try and fit that on. I was going to cut a hole in the bumper save buying a 172 bumper.

If its cheapness your needing, go for your 172 idea, if you have the manifold and 172 system, fit all that up and move the rear exhaust mount from 182 to 172 position. Cut and weld the tailpiece "stealth style" instead of having 3 holes in the bumper.

This will cost you nothing if you have the parts. Although the 182 manifold is an upgrade like I have said.