ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 misifring/mot starting

hi all, i have a ph1 172 and its not running properly, the spark leads needed replaced and i had a temp set of leads on til i got my replacements.

it ran ok for a while then on the way to work it misfired, so i pulled over to check the temp leads hadnt came of the coil pack and the car refused to start.

have got a coil pack to try but stll have no idea what the problem could be

some people have said it could be the tdc sensor but i have been told by a few people the ph1 doesnt have a tdc sensor :S

could someone shed some light on my problem please??

(title is supposed to read 172 misfiring/not starting lol)

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Check the sparkplugs have no moisture near or on them maybe might be oil aswell maybe to low

update, my dad (renault v6 specailist by trade) reckons the cat's shagged and the engine isnt gettin the exhasut fumes out and its choking out and not starting, does this sound right?

found out the problem

the coil was dodgy and was blowing fuses that stopped the car from sparking, the other coil i had was is worse nick that the original pack that was on the car and it went too

so new pack ordered and jobs a good un