ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 missfire

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
ok. the 172's missfiring. drove fine stopped it 40mins later its missfiring like fuk. checked plugs ok. sprayed the leads and plugs on the coil pack with duck oil. chucked it back together still missfiring. pop round to see my mate and borrowed his scanner the only logged code is '13 lambda sensor circuit' could anyone shed any light on this code as its not in his book. also anyone tell me what tests i can carry out on the coil pack with a multimeter?
the only thing thats got me bothered is no1 & 3 plugs were covered in clean engine oil, however i think that was originally down the plug hole and got onto the plugs when i took them out!

Audi TT 225
I would guess its a coil problem... at a stab in the dark. Since its effecting more than one cylinder. Not sure how to test it the renault software wont work on vista, sure that told you how to test it.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
Check your lambda sensors sounds like the first one is failing either wiring or sensor alone.

would that cause a hard cut misfire? there is no apparent overfuelling. sorry petrols aren't my thing LOL
it a hard cut miss right thru the rev range. seems an apparent and definite change when i disconnect no2 & 4 plugs less definite when 1 & 3 are unplugged also the spark will jump a substantial gap between coil & lead on 2 & 4 but not so much on 1 & 3 seems as though the spark on those two is weaker (although its still has one) can these packs go weak or are they an all or nothing job
also can i check the resistance of the lambda??

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
cheers, LOL i probs answered my own question. when its my own money i err on the side of caution, when its other peoples (my boss) i spend it like water lol