ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Mk2 Pre O2 Sensor

Clio 172
Hi

So I have just brought my first Clio Sports and it needs a O2 Sensor replacement, does anyone one here have a pic of where the sensor is on this car, and are they easy to replace.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im sure the 172 is the exact same as the 182.

You can get them cheap from Euro Car Parts. Only buy Bosch or if you are feeling rich OE Renault

OldNew006.gif

Clio 172
Cool, thanks for the photo, Are the Euro O2 Sensor OK to use, some parts I buy from Euro Parts, but some like sensor I have always brought OEM. Would you say there easy to get undone, or is it a fighting battle so to speak.

Clio 172
Quick question, when the Exhaust Gas light comes on, does it cut engine power, like limp mode. because whenever I drive the car and the light comes on, the car just feels like it misfiring, but i'm not to sure if that is just Clio limp mode being my first Renault car. I have had the car scanned by the dealer when I brought it, and it only come back as a pre O2 sensor problem, there are no other light on the dash displaying any errors.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
If you warm the car up ( run it and get the car warm ) it'll be a bit easier to get off. Will make it run poorly with a dodgy sensor.

Yeah when on the cold start is sounds like it's misfiring and wanting to stall but as soon as it warms up then it runs right as rain.

As said get yourself a genuine Bosch sensor though.

Renault Clio 182
My exhaust gas monitor light came on solid this morning, going to plug it into a diagnostic machine tonight and just hope its a lambda whats gone, its running fine though plus my exhaust is blowing so that might be a factor, suppose its time to fit my new exhaust lol.

Clio 172
Dam it, did the O2 Sensor today and the Exhaust Gas light is still bloody on, and I'm still getting a misfires at low revs, not to sure what to do now, the car has already had a new coil pack and HT leads. Any ideas?

Clio 172
No not yet, I don't have a scanner for the car at the moment, but I suppose that is the next thing to do. Anyone in the Medway area have a code scanner that would help me out.

Clio 172
Managed to check the Spark Plugs today, and they seem in good condition, clean the Throttle body, and all the connecting parts up, Car still misfiring with no power at all. I think it might be an injector problem, it's about the only thing left to check.

Anyone know if the is a "How to for checking injectors with a multimeter", or a "how to to replace the injectors".

Clio 172
Right, managed to get my code scanner today, did a scan and as I suspected there is an injector problem, got a P0204 and a P0314 error code back, it saying Injector Cylinder 4 is the problem?

852Xll1.jpgTYghUP0.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
easy test for this, take plugs out and clean them, refit and let car idle for a bit on the lumpy lumpy. whip plugs out and check for one that's different in colour, usually clarted up with soot, clean plugs and refit and then swap the injector from the sooty cylinder to a clean one and run the car on idle for a bit again. check the plugs to see if the sooty one has followed the injector. if it has that's your culprit!