ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 not reving past 5000rpm

Clio 172
Hi Guys wondered if anyone could help with a on going issue I have with my clio 172 phase 2 2006. It's been to Beaniesport for a new cambelt and timing. but prior to this it hasn't reved past 5000rpm. it's had timing done dephaser pully, water temp ,water pump, vvt solenoid, air temp and air flow sensors and both lamba sensors changed and the issue hasn't changed. when ever it has been to a garage it works fine for around 80miles then goes back to not reving past 5000rpm under load. no engine lights come on apart from the serv light but I have been told this is because it has no airbags connected. please help it's driving me insane and been going on now for 8 months. it drives fine under 5000rpm but as soon as you reach that point it just splutters

Clio 172
Also don't know if it's linked but when I did a track day with it on long right handers it would bog down and have no pull until back on the straight again.

Clio 172
I was thinking the same but why would it run fine for a few days once I picked it up from a garage then goes back to not reving. If it was fuel issue wouldn't it do it all the time?