ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 not starting after clutch change...

Changed the clutch over the last week. It hasn't been driven for 2/3 weeks. I've put it all back together and when I tern the key from off to on immediately the starter cranks over for about 3 seconds. But if I tern it to on, then start nothing happens. As far as I know all the sensors, leads etc are back in the right place... Anyone got any ideas?

I do have a mystery sensor though . Here's a pic hopefully

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 123
I think it's some sort of ignition problem. Usually my injectors go z. Z a a z zz. Sort of thing, but all I can hear is my fuel pump priming then silence...

its almost like the at realises after a few seconds it can't start and reuses to try

above the passenger driveshaft, ring terminal 13mm bolt

You were spot on with that one Fred, cheers!! That's solved the 3 second then shut off problem, now it cranking over but not starting up :s the other sensor so the sub frame brackets on. Ill take it off and clean it. And the one behind he headlight, this is just to the left of the passenger headlight where the air intake clips on? That seems ok, I didn't take it off. Could it not be starting now because the air filters off?

Lol there's your problem! Thats the crank sensor by the look of it (on my mobile so the pic is tiny)
Hmm, I just can't seem to find a home for it. In my gearbox I've got the sensor on top plugged in, and the sensor my the wheel plugged in, the earths on the box, battery and chassis are all plugged in. God knows where that other sensor goes.

theres a loud whine coming from the m.a.f, also when in the car a very strange noise from inside the dash. Injectors used to soud like there constantly priming, now that stops after 5 seconds of terning the key to position 3

Found a home for tat sensor and it started streight away! Really hidden away. Nearly broke my hand trying to plug it in aha