ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Oil Filter.

2012 WRX Waggon

Is changing one of these a knack? Or do u need arms like an octopus??

tried last night to do a change, could just about touch the filter, no way could I even begin to turn it:(

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member

you need to take off the metal thing off held in place with 2 nuts i think they are 13mm this metal thing is at the bottom of the engine cover and has the coil wires across the top of it.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

as above,if you remove the injection rail protector(either 10m or 13m bolts up the centre holes in the bracket) it will give you better access to the oil filter.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Keep these tips coming folks... I need to change mine this week!

Go purchase a ion multiplex diode factor multiplier and shrink yourself, walk in and change!

Im pretty sure the one off honey i shrunk the kids is on ebay.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

That easy eh! ;)

Well, bear in mind that Id had two R5 GT Turbos, which are feckin terrible to work on, so the Cup will be a piece of p!ss in comparison!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

buy the oil filter tool from renault which is about £8 but it pays for itself over and over again,espicially when the filter is stuck on really tight which a lot of them are.