ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 or 182 --- sorry

RB 182 FF
hi in short got 4k but a nagging mrs, do i get 182 as had before, or good late 172 and bank a few quid.....

wont be tracking so really what am i gonna feel or see as a difference between the two with just normal day to day driving and occasional blast...

i understand different exhaust 421 thing on 182, wider wheel base, how about equipment differences ? standard 172 v 182?

mpg? etc etc etc

cheers and apologies for probably an umpteenth repeated thread

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
What do you want ?

There's your answer...

As above, there's basically "10hp" and a single/twin exhaust tailpipe difference, which in the real world is the sq.rt of naff all.

:approve:

As far as I can see they're pretty much identical apart from the exhaust and the miniscule difference in power.

I bought a 182 cos it was newer and I like the twin exhaust. If I'd had less to spend I'da been perfectly happy with a 172 though.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
buy a ph1 and pocket lots of cash and get he best car out of the lot of them. :cool:

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Its all very well buying a phase 1- however first you have to find a decent one out of the general utter sh ite available on the market- at least there tends to be a few decent 172's available-

Also if hes chosing between a 182/172 then the PH1 front end & slightly dated looks may not be part of the equation

S

Buy the one that's in the best condition, that's been serviced by someone with a brain, good tyres, new brakes etc etc.

That's more likely to be a 172 in your budget but it's better to buy at the top of one market rather than the bottom of another.