ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 over heating, things to check?

172 ph2
Notice this morning the temp gauge went way over half, its never done this before even after giving it some welly, so as you can imagine im a bit woried. What things should i look for and check to see why this is happening?

Focus RS mk1
check the coolant level sound like you have lost alot of coolant, not sure if yours is same fault but my ph2 172 had a leak from the rad caused by the fan shroud warping and rubbing against it, i did a search and someone else had exact same problem as mine so looks to be a common thing. look at the shroud mainly on the passenger side of the rad.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i would bleed it first, run it up to temp and make sure fan is cutting in, if not possibly thermostat not opening.

172 ph2
well i left her running for 10 mins and gave her sum beans and its not done it since!! aint got a clue whats causing that!

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
Coolant level, coolant temp sensor, thermostat and radiator itself...clean it with a low pressure hose and some engine degreaser to improve matters...