ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 owner from New Zealand

Clio Sport 172
Hi Everyone

Just bought a late 2002 172 on Friday, car arrives on the transporter from down the country on Tuesday, 1 owner 49k miles, FSH. Anything I should be looking out for at this age/mileage? Also, I've searched but haven't been able to find a FAQ section on 172/182 models, i.e. where does the extra 10hp come from, exhaust? Looking forward to having some fun with this car :D

Any other Kiwis on here?

Dave

Clio Sport 172
dealer pic

83493781_full.jpg

Clio Sport '02
Welcome, it seem that the cars sold in New Zealand have the same original rims as here in Mexico!!!

You will find excelent info in here!!!!

Cheers

Clio Sport 172
cool!

been to Mexico, and have a few Mexican friends that live in the USA

what's all this talk about the "splitter" does it have any practical purpose or is it just for looks?

Suzuki SV650
Splitter is just for looks really. Does make a good bit of difference, just keep it away from speed bumps.

Most 172's in Australia & NZ were sold with 15" speedlines as opposed to 16" ones that we get over here. I think its only the 182's that got 16's.

Best colour, I have one too. Must be quite rare over there I'm guessing, don't think they made many 172's.

I think you should check if the cambelt has been done yet, as the car is now 7 years old. Expect the exhaust to fall apart a few times they are made of thin cardboard. Not really had many problems with mine but I'm sure a few on here will say otherwise!

Oh, and, Kia Ora!

Clio Sport 172
thanks for the info Steve, mine is a late '02 apparently there was some sort of upgrade in Sep 2002? by the looks of it mine is post that. I'm hoping the exhaust will be fine, we don't have salt or any other nasties on the roads here but thanks for the heads up anyway. yes I'll have to get the cambelt done. you're right, this car is very rare over here. cheers.

Suzuki SV650
Upgrade could be traction control or ESP? Mine is late 2001 and doesn't have either.

Enjoy!