ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 owners read in.

My local Renault dealer has a silver 172 for sale and over the weekend some little sh*t has nicked both side strips front and rear. Salesman said it was a problem with 172s though cant say ive heard of this before. They never damaged the body getting them off though they looked fairly easy to remove. Wont tell you how they come off incase any dishonest viewers are reading.

Anyone else heard of this?

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Surely this is impossible as you have to unscrew them from inside the car?

Renault Laguna Coupe

You can probably take the doors off and get the engine out with nothing more than a Swiss Army knife too :confused: One things for sure though, theyll never nick your sidelight bulbs!

7.6cc :D

Im bringing my car around to you when my side light bulbs go Mike, i value the skin on my hands ;)

Oh and on topic, my side strips wobble.

Jas, pop down to Renault in Romford. And youll see what I mean. Think its more technique than brute force as the bodywork is unmarked. A bloke down there said silver ones are the ones theyll tend to pinch as some of the new Renaults have the silver side strips regardless of body colour and this is the new look they want.

Only last week there was the aluminium 16v end bits of the side strips for sale on ebay that were fetching £33 the last time I looked.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Paranoia, we were there Sat morning and we noticed that 172! I reckon they left the door open or something, cause mine are screwed in.

to be honest when i bought my car from my local dealer they left it inlocked for a day and night. coz when we came back the next day to test drive it again the salesman sh*t his pants when he realised he left it unlocked.

Anyways the 172 strips are dead easy to get off, to put it bluntly its harder to unscrew the lid of a coke bottle. mine fell off the other day whilst driving. had to get new poppers put on.

great hey.:mad:

i thought that was the one you were on about, i saw it too, we went to check out my old mans red 172, before he picked it up (i will post on this when ive been out in it)

and clocked the silver one with them missing, my question to my old man was, er how are they gonig to sell it with them missing ?

now we know,