ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Ownership and Distinct Lack of Progress.

Megane 225 F1
Not a project? MEH!

Thought I had better do some sort of progress thread for this car as I can see this car going through a lot of changes. I change my mind nearly every week on what I want with this car. I’m worse than a women :eek:

So here it is on day one. 69,000 miles. Last service around 30,000 ago, 6 months tax and MOT, cambelt “changed” but no receipt, brakes needed replacing and wheels were a bit tatty. Oh and it had window tints all round. The fronts were 7% over the legal limit and landed me a £30 one day :(
The first thing I did was put my Renault sport mats in which happened to still be dirty from when I had them in the 1.4 :eek: Took it for a few pics on the way to work that evening.
P1000609.jpg

P1000611.jpg

P1000610.jpg

P1000612.jpg

Check out the perfect condition wheel!

P1000613.jpg

I then ordered some Brembo HC discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads and then went to see Budgie to snap up some nearly new standard rear discs and pads off a 172 he was breaking. I also had some aero wipers, alloy footrest and silvertech bulbs.

P1000617.jpg

P1000637.jpg

P1000638.jpg

Then came the next modification. As most of you know, my old black clio had white turinis. Well I swapped them for some amphasite 16 inch turinis. (Sheep). They looked awesome. I also got an amphasite front diamond.

P1000647-1.jpg

P1000649-1.jpg

P1000652.jpg

47120_440441284426_516484426_5007349_4526601_n.jpg

I then got me one of those skoda splitters. Rude not to.

P1000653.jpg

Next came a set of fancy plates. Tidied the front end up drastically. However, a month later I got myself a fine from PC Plod. Did it stop me? NO! It is still on there :)

P1000671.jpg

I got one of those JMS induction kits. Had it on for a few weeks but decided the money was better spent elsewhere so sold that and got a panel filter instead. Don’t get me wrong, the JMS kit was fantastic and the sound was amazing, but I needed the money for other things ;)

I then had my set of Ebaich sportlines from the 1.4 lying around that should be put to good use. So this got added to the collection of things that I had collected for the clio along with a K-tec stealth system and de-cat, oh and a powerflex twisted dogbone mount bush. So a very kind boy from here fitted. He once had a LY 182 but decided to get a golf for some reason ;) Oh and the day before I got all this done, I painted the front callipers yellow. I still haven’t got round to doing the rears :eek:

42685a87.jpg

79b7edaf.jpg

8806b755.jpg

24748b25.jpg

Few pics of it lowered.

31cb4546.jpg

46b51f7c.jpg

DSCF3372.jpg

DSCF3371.jpg

DSCF3370.jpg

DSCF3369.jpg

DSCF3368.jpg

Not much happened for a few weeks and then I got the 15 inch itch. Budgie had some OZ F1s for sale with nearly brand new Toyo TR-1s on and I had to have them. So here they are.

DSCF3433a.jpg

DSCF3435a.jpg

Nothing new has happened since then other than having problems with my keys. One stopped working in the ignition and the others central locking stopped working. French :( The cambelt and service was also carried out which made the car run 100% better! Car passed its MOT the other week with the only problem being a CV boot clip missing? Anyway, there is a cable tie on there at the moment until I get that sorted which will be soon.

Plans? Well I have got some braided lines sat here along with an upper gearbox mount. Getting one of the rear ARB from the group buy on here so shall fit all of that together. Then hopefully will get some matched inlets, and a remap (JMS or RS tuner, still undecided) and refurb the wheels in silver.(FYI silver is THE colour this year, I shall prove it). Then I shall stick it on track sometime this year (hopefully sooner rather than later, but will have to check funds).

I will NOT be stripping this out for track. It's not practical. I MAY get coilovers in the future. However, I do plan on tracking it and having fun in it. Oh I also have a cup spoiler upstairs somewhere that I need to get painted, but that's not on the top of my priorities.

Bring on 2011.

Megane 225 F1
Re: 172 Ownership and progress.

You don't need to ask. Just do it. I would be heartbroken if you didn't tbh <3

Megane 225 F1

Cheers mate :) They are probably the best 2 wheels out there for the 1*2s. I'm not sure if I like the anthracite on them now though although anthracite would look ace on the arctic. Get it done. And in 15's. Cheap tyres FTW.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Tell me about it Will.... Havent cleaned the 182 in near 2 months, had a look at the front tyres today (Fitted in July, £140) they might need changing again by the look of it :(

PITA!

Megane 225 F1

Oh the amount of dots :eek:

The 172 alloys were due to have new tyres on when I got the car but at the price it would have costed to get some decent ones I did NOT want to buy them. Going with 15's was the best thing I have ever done.Oh the reason yours are so low now is due to all those wheelspins at the lights ;)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

AFAIK one does not participate in traffic light grand prix's*

*This may or may not be entirley true.... EL U ELz

Megane 225 F1

Danny Keenan
Very nearly never made it aff the off ramp of the motorway... Bricks were shat....
06 December 2010 at 11:12 via Android · Like · Comment

Danny Keenan
So anyway, Audi A3 "Black editions" are a little "pony" arent they... You asked for that pal LOL...

Danny ~ 1, Traffic Police ~ 0

You were good gents, i was better.

<3

Megane 225 F1

FLOL at Inspector Morse.

Car looks s**t!

Just because it's not slammed ;)

Good effort, Eminem.

Cheers mate. Will I ever lose that status? Even with brown hair people call me Eminem because he has brown hair in 8Mile.

/Shed

Willdot. Loves <3

Twins? <3

u still got the turinis kickin about?

Unfortunately not mate. Sold them a while back.

rb182 cup

ok,cheers. keep up the good work....can i just ask how much skoda splitters are goin for these days? my splitter looks tatty

I like this....amazing how a set of alloys can make such a big difference!!

Although the F1's are nice...not sure they pull off the anthracite too well :S. Other than that...looks yummy.

Fiesta ST-3

Very nice sir :) Loved it when I saw it in Wales. Hows the camera going?

Megane 225 F1

I like this....amazing how a set of alloys can make such a big difference!!

Although the F1's are nice...not sure they pull off the anthracite too well :S. Other than that...looks yummy.

Cheers mate. Yh I really want them silver. Anthracite just makes them look dirty :(

Very nice sir :) Loved it when I saw it in Wales. Hows the camera going?

Cheers buddy. Camera is going ok. Haven't had much chance to use it as I never really get to see daytime any more. I'm either at work, uni or work. Hopefully in 2 weeks time, I shall have a day off every week so will go out a few times and use it more :)

Megane 225 F1

LOL at trainers. They are sweet :cool:

UPDATE.

Fitted my custom rear anti roll bar earlier. What a difference it makes. Discovered I have a leaking shock as well though :(

Did have braided lines to fit but couldn't get the one of the rear originals off so getting someone who has a ramp to do it for me. So I have one rear braided and that is it at the moment. LOL.

Also went to change my upper gearbox mount, but that f**king centre bolt wouldn't come off and the Halfords tool kit (yano, the professional one) doesn't have a deep 18 socket. It has 16, 17 and 19. FFS.

Anyway, some pics.

P1020113.jpg

P1020118.jpg

P1020117.jpg

P1020116.jpg

Oh, when I ordered the braided lines and fluid I got sent dot 5, but I should be using 4 right? Someone please clarify this for me please :D

Handling with the RARB is amazing. I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. The clio should have come with one standard!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Iv been asking you about the rear arb on facebook for the past 3 days but u never reply </3

Megane 225 F1

LOL

For some reason my phone keeps me logged into facebook chat. So I'm not actually there and you talk to me and then when I do go on, you're not ;)

It is awesome. Get one. NOW

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Dot 4 or Dot 5.1, not Dot 5

Also, might be best to remove the spacers on the droplinks and chop them down a bit so the bar sits higher.

Megane 225 F1

Ah so my dot 5.1 that I got sent is good. Phew.

I was thinking of chopping the spacers down a bit. The bar is visible when you're walking towards the car lol. Looks broke :rasp:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

LOL

For some reason my phone keeps me logged into facebook chat. So I'm not actually there and you talk to me and then when I do go on, you're not ;)

It is awesome. Get one. NOW

I see..

I think one of these will be my next purchase...

Is the a difference between these and the whiteline?

Megane 225 F1

This has more adjustable points on it, therefore it's better....or so I have been told.

Megane 225 F1

It's sat upstairs waiting to be painted and has been for around 3 months lol.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Fair enough, il trust you on that ;)

I need a cup spoiler :(

Clio 197

looks nice , especially when it had the turinis :) not sure on the yellow calipers though

Megane 225 F1

Yellow callipers give it some character up front. I'm not a fan of stealth clios, and my wheels are too dark for me. I want silver ones :(

Mk5 golf gti

Jacking on gravel? you wouldnt make it through my course for sure :rasp:

Is that the whiteline ARB? how much was it

think i need to invest in one for the phase 1

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Paint them yourself Will, if you lived near me, I'd help, but I seriously hate doing it on my own, get bored/lonely.

How's the ARB? Also, where's your mat from? Looks useful.

Megane 225 F1

Jacking on gravel? you wouldnt make it through my course for sure :rasp:

Is that the whiteline ARB? how much was it

think i need to invest in one for the phase 1

It's one from the custom group buy. Take a look in the group buy section. There might still be some up for grabs. Nout wrong with doing it on gravel, as long as the front wheels are secured ;)

Paint them yourself Will, if you lived near me, I'd help, but I seriously hate doing it on my own, get bored/lonely.

How's the ARB? Also, where's your mat from? Looks useful.

I wouldn't have the patients / time to do it myself :(

ARB is awesome. Just went a for a drive to the shops (in the next town ;) ) and it really does let you drive round a corner at stupid speeds. The mat isn't mine. It's Rich's. Did it all at his place. It was usefull.

Megane 225 F1

Took a few pictures after getting it washed by the polish people :)

I only used my small camera as I tried to find some batteries for my better camera but after rummaging through the man draw, I only found dead ones....Typical.

P1020125.jpg

P1020124.jpg

P1020123.jpg

P1020122.jpg

P1020121.jpg

P1020119.jpg

Mk5 golf gti

whats the colour of them f1's??

also as said why is the ARB so low?