ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ph1. 130k - too many miles?

C2 VTS from Fri
I've seen the above for sale. How many miles is too many for a used one, even with service history, to have a useful life? Price is a bit below £3k. Opinions/Experiences welcomed please.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
that seems expensive for the mileage...... there are a few high milers kicking around though. think they go all the way if cared for. come on renault lol

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
If it hasnt been messed with and history is correct then check for the usual stuff. The engines seem to be fairly bulletproof. In my experience electrics and brakes suffer. Just remember there are different ways to achieve 130k !

My Phase 1 172 has done 89k. Should just be run in by now ! Mine had one previous (private) owner who spent lots on it for servicing etc.

53 Clio's & counting
mines on 115k and is great,thought for around 3k id want fully comprihensive(sp) history,and a full check over,id sell mine for 3k lol

C2 VTS from Fri
That was kind of my thoughts but I didn't 'know'. There don't seem to be many about with that kind of mileage to gauge price on. My current car hass less than that and has a complete history except the initial invoice but it's not that good after nine months :(

RB 182
Put it this way, in October 2006 i bought my old PH2 51 plate 172 with KTec Stealth, history etc from a Cliosport member. It was a 51 plate with 95k on it, pretty mint condition, and i paid £3250. That was 18 months ago, so that one is waaaay overpriced!!

New172.jpg

PH1 172 Sport
I would rather buy a 130k PH1 thats done all its miles on a motorway and has been serviced and cared for than one thats done 40k of town driving and hasn't been cared for. 130k is over the average miles for that year so I would have thought most of them would be motorway mileage.

That one is overpriced though!!

172 Race Car
I would rather buy a 130k PH1 thats done all its miles on a motorway and has been serviced and cared for than one thats done 40k of town driving and hasn't been cared for. 130k is over the average miles for that year so I would have thought most of them would be motorway mileage.

He speeketh sense! Servicing and where its done the mileage is important

But there are loads around the £2.5k mark with 100k or less

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
3k?!

id pay that for it, but only if there was £2000 in used notes in the boot.

Worth £1500 tops. And thats if its mint with Full Dealer History.

Its never been an issue with me
Has long has the car has been looked after it dosent matter how many miles its done
end of that day its just one of those things that people threat about but really half of them aint got a feckin clue what there on about..
Golfs go on for ever cant see a clio couldnt either has long has service history is there..

In saying that though dont think i would have one with 130k on the clock only cuz i would wanna clock up a lot of miles myself and unless im planning on running it into the ground it would be alright...