ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 PH1 throttle pedal is notchy

clio 172
hi all, finally got my 172 taxed after waiting an eternity for the log book to come through..but I have a few issues, my main one is the throttle pedal feels notchy, not smooth like it should be.

looking at the setup it looks like its doing it where the cable passes through the footwell, like its going over an angle and the cable is cutting into the plastic piping that runs through.

anyone else have this? is it normal that they feel crap? any ideas on a fix?

thanks

try spraying WD40 down the cable. Also check that your TB is not sticking, an easy way of doing this is rotate the black plastic thing that holds the cable by hand.. if it's difficult to get it to move at first then try cleaning inside the TB with a bit of WD40 on a rag.

clio 172
thanks for the reply, throttle body is fine, the cable is moving fine, its just catching or making a groove where it passes through the footwell :S

AGH the sl*g
think there around £18. remove the front drivers wheel will make life soooo much easier

and get paid up as a member!!! then you can view the guides section there is a step by step guide in there with photos on how to do it.

clio 172
Thanks guys,

can anyone point me to a web store to buy one? i've had a quick look and come up short.

am going to join up but my paypal is borked, just tried to just pay by card through paypal and it says i have an account so MUST use that...even though the account dont work lol...i do HATE paypal!

53 Clio's & counting
Id get from Renault mate, though I havent tried the factors in a while, when I did it was dealer only

clio 172
thanks :) ordered yesterday for £27. while im waiting i took the wheel off and disconnected the cable to have a look at it, its running smooth in the outer cable so I dont get why its so bad when its fitted.