ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ph1 to none sport spec bumpers

audi a6 3.0tdi
Whats needed to convert a phase 1 front end to none sport spec? is it just front bumper or do i need to swap wings aswell?

There are a couple of reasons for wanting to do this, ph1 172 bumpers are rare and very expensive from renault so i don't want to smash mine up while battering round back roads and also i want the car as stealth as possible.

audi a6 3.0tdi
i bet i could find wings and bumper in my colour for about £50 in the scrappers. just need to ditch the halfords sports badge off the boot and the 2.0 off the side and i've got my self a nice sleeper.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
could esily do a px with money your way,

if you wanted a true sleeper, you'd have to change the back bumper to an un colour coded one,

then put some steelies on for winter! and fog blanks,
proper sleeper.

and if you want to have some fun with the chavs, an exhaust will make them all race you thinking its a 1.2 lol.

edit: just thought, will your track not be too wide at the front?? 172s have a wider front end, hence the wider wings. may well have to get the steelies with a big offset to keep them in the arch.

audi a6 3.0tdi
i'll not be swapping the ph1 172 front bumper is worth a fortune, which is why i don't want it getting smashed up.

Lots of Alfas
If I remember rightly the bumper mounts are different, other bits maybe needed. Also the sideskirts wont match the non sport wings, and you wider track front wheels will stick out and look odd.