ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ph2 (2001) - Electric windows - fuse / relay location?

Mk7 Golf R
Good morning,

Just picked up a 172 PH2 for track-day use but both electric windows have failed whilst in the down postition. (Both were working)

I'm therefore suspecting a fuse / relay issue but can someone be good enough to point me in the right direction with regards the location of the fuse and relays. A fuse diagram would also be useful, if available.

Many thanks in advance.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Hopefully you managed to sort this already but fuse/s are behind panel on passenger side end of dash, another common problem (at least it seems to be common to me at) is temperamental window switches, which caused me all sorts of problems with the Mrs dci

Mk7 Golf R
Many thanks for the reply.

Yep, found the fuse box on the passenger side but not sure which one(s) control the windows.

It looks like a toss up between the vertical arrows in row 4 of the picture below, (not my car), or more likely, the two horizontal ones located in the row underneath. However the fact that both windows failed, at the same time, means it might be something else so I'll check out the UCH fuses as well, as I've read that the windows are operated via the UCH. (Fingers crossed it's not the UCH itself)

Will pick up some fuses over the weekend and have a fiddle!

Clio 172 fuses.jpg

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Neither of mine work at the moment (my choice though lol) As you said it should be the two left and right arrow symbols for the fuses, hopefully that's all that is wrong

Mk7 Golf R
In case anyone is interested in the future, problem solved.

After a little trial and error swapping out the fuses which I thought might power the windows, it turned out to be the 10amp fuse for the UCH. (Bottom right, third one up in the fuse layout above)