ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

172 Ph2 no front or rear lights working.

1987 Corvette C4 4+3
Ive nearly finished the rebuild of my 172 which should hopefully be up and running Monday or Tuesday depending on parts arrival.

Today I got a battery on it to check all the electrics. After changing the fuse for the radio and horn to get them working I also found that I have no exterior lights (also had no lights before fuse change).

I have no sidelights, main beam, tail lights brake lights or number plate lights the dash and centre console also do not illuminate when I turn the lights on, nor does it display the blue symbol that shows if I have main beam on.

I have checked all relays above the passenger foot well by making sure they are all seated firmly. Whilst I was under there I found a disconnected black and yellow plug that I cant seem to find where it plugs into. Is this supposed to be like that?

I have no dipped beam bulbs installed as im waiting for new ones and my front bumper (front foglights) are also disconnected so I cannot check those lights. My rear foglights do work though. Alos i dont know if this is correct my radio is illuminated with the lights on or off.

Don

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & Audi A3
Ive nearly finished the rebuild of my 172 which should hopefully be up and running Monday or Tuesday depending on parts arrival.

Today I got a battery on it to check all the electrics. After changing the fuse for the radio and horn to get them working I also found that I have no exterior lights (also had no lights before fuse change).

I have no sidelights, main beam, tail lights brake lights or number plate lights the dash and centre console also do not illuminate when I turn the lights on, nor does it display the blue symbol that shows if I have main beam on.

I have checked all relays above the passenger foot well by making sure they are all seated firmly. Whilst I was under there I found a disconnected black and yellow plug that I cant seem to find where it plugs into. Is this supposed to be like that?

I have no dipped beam bulbs installed as im waiting for new ones and my front bumper (front foglights) are also disconnected so I cannot check those lights. My rear foglights do work though. Alos i dont know if this is correct my radio is illuminated with the lights on or off.

Yes, the radio should dim a little with the lights on (so if you were to flick the switch for the lights to work (as if they were on...) then the radio display should dim a little bit).

1987 Corvette C4 4+3
Yes, the radio should dim a little with the lights on (so if you were to flick the switch for the lights to work (as if they were on...) then the radio display should dim a little bit).

Hi i dont meant the display i mean the actual radio unit is lit up. Looking at it again my radio display is very dim with or without the lights on :(

1987 Corvette C4 4+3
Right i really need help with this one. Ive taken the top of my dashboard off so i could search around for loose or unplugged wires.

I still have no lights and found that i have no power to the fuses for the lights. Could a faulty light switch cause these problems. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the light circuits and light and brake switch.

Im going to just see if i can bypass the switches to see if it is these at fault.