ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 problems already...

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

just got my clio over a week ago now its only done 5000 miles and already having problems with it. The airbag and service light interitently come on whenever i let someone in the back lifting the passenger seat and the clutch is slipping whenever i first take it out in the morning or if it has been sitting for a while, only for the first minute or so. Any ideas what could be causing the latter fault? Any help appreciated.

Cheers. dave

Ph1 172

I dont no about the clutch slipping, but intermitant airbag light on the dash is due to a faultly connector under the seat. It is a very common problem on all clios, and should be fixed quite easliy by your local renault dealer.

320d M Sport

hmm, altho 172s are riddled with probs a slipping clutch isnt a common one?

get it checked asap! oh, and prepare for more faults!!

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

Cheers lads, its odd that it only happens for the first minute of driving after a long sit, its also very jerky during gear selection for the first minute. But after that its absolutely fine runs perfect.

320d M Sport

thats just engine warming up emissions etc. they all feel real sluggish until warmed up.

describe the fault a bit more, like i said, slipping clutch is pretty unheard of?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 10 April 2004

ask a main dealer that.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

thats just engine warming up emissions etc. they all feel real sluggish until warmed up.describe the fault a bit more, like i said, slipping clutch is pretty unheard of?

Well the revs are flying up and the car is going nowhere basically.

320d M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 10 April 2004

ask a main dealer that.

Should have known........ kin ell, we should boycott Reno, tw*ts.