ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 project

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
Re: 172 with an unknown direction

This is coming along nicely.

Mint looking Rallye you had too, had one of those myself too, loved it! The Clio Sport is basically a grown up version of the Rallye.

Keep up the good work.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

This is coming along nicely.

Mint looking Rallye you had too, had one of those myself too, loved it! The Clio Sport is basically a grown up version of the Rallye.

Keep up the good work.
thanks mate, i loved the rallye so much, but got an offer on it i couldnt refuse so it made way for the gti :)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

im not getting a de cat mate a cnt be arsd with it, i hardly take it over 3000 revs anyway as i am sensible behind the wheel lol, im getting new disks and pads all round for it thn a new exaust

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Got myself some Vmaxx coilovers fitted

Still awaiting custom rear springs to be delivered however!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirty vs Clean

Picture482-1.jpg

All clean, ride height set to see how it faired, Dropped it another 10mm once they were on the car though

Picture484-1.jpg

Dirty Rear's, shocks etc

Picture485-1.jpg

All clean and ready to go on

Picture486-1.jpg

Had the car on 4 axle stands and all the wheels off which gave me the chance to give the wheels a good seal before the winter kicks in

Picture487-1.jpg

Picture488.jpg

Picture489-1.jpg

Picture490.jpg

Then popped out to get some pics on sat evening and sunday

Picture503-1.jpg

Picture499.jpg

Picture510.jpg

Picture512-1.jpg

Picture526-1.jpg

Picture535-1.jpg

Picture552.jpg

Picture551.jpg

And a nice evening shot just gone sun down, I wish my camera was better

Picture569.jpg

Overall I cant fault the Vmaxx coilovers, I'm having some problems with the driveshafts rubbing on the body/chassis of the car, so will be notching it sometime in the next couple of weeks

Plans are to get some 45 profile tyres and maybe put another 0.5/1 degree of negative camber in

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Thought i would update this with my newest addition, cup spoiler and custom 65mm rear springs

Went out and took some pics on a typical wet windy autumn day

Picture604.jpg

Picture615.jpg

Picture624.jpg

Picture627.jpg

Picture639-1.gif

BG 182 FF

car looks awesome m8, ride height look sweet and cup spoiler is a great addition imo :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
been a while since ive updated this

Since the above pics were taken ive been through two sets of wheels, had some prima's on it and the f1's, got my all time fav's now tho a set of 2118's

Also stripped the rear out, have a 300mm omp trecento uno steering wheel and boss and an omp record 2 seat, frame, side mounts and harness in

Will have pics of inside tomoz but for now you'll have to deal with the outside.....oooo did i forget to mention the ph2 rear end as well :)

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
look very nice. only thing, i dont think the yellw fogs go too well.
fav ph1 i think,

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
oh and my new seat :)

mounting the frame and mounts was a bit of a piss on but sorted eventually

013-1.jpg

all in now though, i love it, feels more and more like a fast road/track car the more i do to it

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

next on the list is a half or full cage, and a second seat depending how sociable I'm feeling :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
project ended, now sold for a track 106 rallye 16v :)

i'll be back though, more than likely in a 182 in the near future

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
nice thread, will u be the right man to see in the north east for slammin one of these stupidly low?
set of coilovers, custom rear's and a c-spanner, and go so low your driveshafts rub on the chassis :rasp: nothing to it really haha

2.0 16v Ph1
ChrisT...you sold that gorgeus Ph1...:banghead: Nooooooooooooo...What have u done. :dead:

That car was simply stunning. :hail:

Good luck with your future PSA project.

Cheers ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
bought it back, got a few things to get it back upto how it was looking

First step is wait for my new coilovers to arrive :) cant wait to drop it 6-7 inches on the front and about 5 on the rear, stance FTW!

Got a few plans but more so on the power front, maybe do a bit more to the interior this time though, make it a nice place to be

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The white one I had an orgasm over the other day!