ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 referb in white

172 cup
hi all!!

for the last few weeks i have been refurbing my 172 wheels that i bought off "mickstoke" cheers buddy, in white.

this is the lessd curbed one
SDC10883.jpg

gave all 4 a hose down, sanded them all down ( my bloody fingers were num lol), then filled any major scratchs with metal filler and then re-sanded. when i got them how i wanted, i then started on one wheel at a time with primer and sanded in between coats.

when all wheels were primed and sanded to silky smooth i began applying my "appliance white" paint with light thin coats.

SDC10885.jpg

SDC10888.jpg

after painted they was left for 1 day to harded then lacqued and then left for 3 days to fully harden(24h would of done it but was very busy with work) over the 3 days i began to do the center caps.

SDC10886.jpg

SDC10892.jpg

heres my finished work

SDC10895.jpg

will be getting some tyres on these very soon. i only did the faces as i cba to do the rest..

Flame Red Delight
anybody got a pic of these wheels on a phase 1 ? always wanted to get them and rufurb them white for my car :D

172 Cup
ha^ same thing thought car had a full respray!

Wheels look mint - how long that take you all in all?

172 cup
well in between my job + social life a couple of weeks.. not really in a rush to put them on yet till i get my exhaust fitted and get some new tyres .. just a steady project to finish it off.

dont want to do loads to it as im expectin to buy a 1*2 next year or so.. but will be a good cheap sell when im finished with me bits and bobs