ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Shakes when braking?

Clio 182
Hi guys,

Just wondered if anyone can give me some advice on what this possible problem can be.

It's hard to describe but when braking hard the car sort of shakes / vibrates / wobbles side to side, the faster your going / harder you break the more it does it?? When breaking slowly and cant really feel it.

I can feel it through the brake pedal a lot as-well, as if it's kicking / pulsing back towards me. (travel distance of the pedal is still the same)

The breaks and pads were only changed around 1000 miles ago and don't look worn at all.

From what im describing it sounds similar to a 'warped disc' but can this randomly happen?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards

Clio 182
How can that be sorted? Electrical or mechanical? someone said it could maybe be something to do with the braking servo/pump/fluid??

As you can tell im not very good with this sort of thing:rolleyes:

It's quite common for abs sensors to pick up a load of crap when discs are changed, giving them off signals. Try cleaning off the ABS sensors, and checking the rings aren't cracked. And of you changed the rears, if they weren't genuine, check the abs ring is the same as the old one.

Clio 182
Thanks for the responses. Ive took the wheels off and gave the discs & pads a good look over and cleaned all i can see. A neighbor had a drive and said it defiantly feels like a warped discs from what he's felt in the past.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced set of discs and pads to get. ( Make size etc ) I've had a look over euro car parts but not sure which are needed. (even though i put the cars reg in different types appear)

I've currently got green stuff in the front but not spending that much this time, a normal make Bosch etc.

Thanks

clio 172cup
I've got this exact problem . Except on a cup , so know it's nothing to do with the abs . I've replaced the discs and pads 3 times now and although it temporarily improves it always returns :/

Clio 182
Strange isn't it, i didn't think it was a dodgy disc / pad but i cant be sure as i haven't changed them yet, however their not that old and have been fine for the past few months.

Anyone else got any further ideas ? :argue:

Clio 182
Brembo pads part number P68027

Brembo high carbon discs

Brembo high carbon discs

THESE PART NUMBERS ABOVE ARE WHAT'S REQUIRED FOR THE FRONT CHANGE ARNT THEY??

WHATS THE PART NUMBERS / CODES FOR THE REAR CHANGE OVER?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
My car had this problem. First time it was balancing issues and the second was because a front tyre got damaged when it got locked while turning at a track day and some tread got twisted off.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

Brembo high carbon discs

THESE PART NUMBERS ABOVE ARE WHAT'S REQUIRED FOR THE FRONT CHANGE ARNT THEY??

WHATS THE PART NUMBERS / CODES FOR THE REAR CHANGE OVER?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Yeah they are for the fronts.

What Alex said is bang on the money though!

I got my rear discs individually and pressed the bearings in then added the ABS rings but G172 will sort you out with a ready to go combo.