ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172, Single Coils or one big coil pack

don't
single coil ones for each plug or one whole block???

I think its one coil pack for the whole block isnt it?

£60 from renault

can someone confirm

car is an X reg 172

thanks

Mazda MX5 1.8
i was gonna add that but i thought that would be too negative

also mine are fine at the moment so didnt wanna mention it incase they go wrong lol

Ph1 172 Sunflower :)
Right i just changed the coil pack on my 172 because i was suffering power loss when i put my foot down, when i slowly accellerate it will go but not very fast. does anyone think it could be a cracked spark plug? or hd lead? or if anyone else has any ideas. Also the car judders at idle

clio 1.6 16v 2001 (Y reg)
i got the same poblem with my 1.6 16v y plate. accelerate slowly and its not bad, really slow, but not bad. put ya foot down and ya engine sounds like a tank with no acceleration, just a horrible judder. i know these coils aint cheap either. renault told me £40 each but i no euro car parts do same ones for £35 each or after market ones for £28 each (all inc VAT).

i was told it was the coils anyway and its best to change em all at once. but if anyone else knows of anything else it could be then please let me know!!!! i'm still sufferin.

p.s. i know it buggers ya cat if ya use the car while ya have this problem!!! so be careful of ya wallet. :dead: