ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 spare wheel is an alloy!

Silver 172 PhII
I had to change a wheel at the weekend. It looked like the spare/jack/tools etc hadn't been taken out of the boot since the day the car left the factory. When I got my spare out I was a bit shocked to see that is was a standard and totally new 172 alloy! I always thought that spares were just plain steel wheels. Am I just lucky? I know my car was one of the last 172s out the factory (it's date of first reg is January 2004 which is after the 182 came out) so I suppose they could have had a few spare wheels lying around the factory. At least when I sell the car I can replace the one alloy I have kurbed!

Any other 172 owners have alloy spares or is this just a fluke?

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Ph1 did too, well there was one in "my" boot lol. Got 5 ph2 wheels now instead though. Still got my unused ph1 spare I should really sell it

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well my Cup had a nice little surprise for me when i lifted up the boot mat for the first time.....one brand new Turini with brand new Conti rubber.

Reeeesult.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Nice to know you check your spare tyres condition regularly ;)

Astra coupe
isn't there some sort of law now days that if a car is fitted with alloys the spare must be matching or something (only applys to new cars)

Depends really when the law come out as i know 06 plate 182 without one ....you get the foamy poo stuff instead

Silver 172 PhII
Nice to know you check your spare tyres condition regularly ;)

Don't get me wrong, I've had a look at it a few times. As it was brand new rubber I never bothered to take it out to check which is why i never noticed it was an alloy. Strange that they gave out alloys as spares, must have cost them quite a bit.

Oh, and sorry this question got posted twice. Dunno how that happened...