ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 sport engine swap help needed

172 sport
Ok so ive recentky took ownership of a 172 clio sport its been cammee and remapped butbtge dephaser pulley needs replacing and its started burning oil and miss firing occasionaly and ino I need to do the dephaser pulley but ma mate has offered me a 1.2 clio engine from a w reg clio with all the loom ancillaries gear box basically everything that the engine need my clio is a 51 reg would the 1.2 engine fit in mine and wire up and run if anyone has any advice it will be much appreciated Thanks

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its a stupid idea mate, as everyone told you on facebook.

Buy another 172 engine or have the one you have sorted, don't take this the wrong way but your grammar on facebook was too hard to follow. (No offense intended buddy)

172 sport
I used my phone to put it on facebook and I need ma car to take ma grandad around and havent got the money to fix my 172 engine yet was going to take it out and rebuild it from the ground up over time

I think we should be fair to the OP

Yes the engine and box will fit, but you will need everything with it...

OP I will take your 172 engine/box/ancillaries/wiring and help you fit your new 1.2 engine etc ;)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I used my phone to put it on facebook and I need ma car to take ma grandad around and havent got the money to fix my 172 engine yet was going to take it out and rebuild it from the ground up over time

Fair enough pal, but seriously - its going to be a lot of hassle for you swapping engines in and out!

Whats the matter with the 2.0 F4R engine???