ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 starting, idling and running problems

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a 172 cup for a couple of month now, and its just started really playing up.

Basically it won't start, then when it does it will idle really erratically and the throttle pedal had no effect at all on the revs, then the car will just cut out. The electric and engine warning lights come on. I did a check with OBD and it showed fault codes p0130 and p0135 but I'm not sure what these mean.

I've tried a new engine control relay and lambda sensors for the misfiring when running, and cleaned the crank sensor. Coil pack is new as are the leads and plugs, someone has mentioned ECU,

Any help please? be greatly appreciated :)

421 Cammed 172
Best bet may be to find someone with an RS Tuner who can plug it in and get better fault code details mate.

Where abouts are you from??

RS Megane 225F1
Its the wiring, it will of rotted from the fuesbox to the ECU somewhere.... :clown:

Cheers
Lee

RS RIP
^^ as you changed the lambdas, i think you may need the ecu resetted . When what Mattjk says is right

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks people, it's been sorted now, was the connections to the ECU and bad earth, all in with 2 engine control relays it came to £150 so not too bad either :)