ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Starting Problem

Clio 172 mk2 & Clio 3 DCi
Afternoon All

Just been trying to start my 172 up today having had it parked up for a while. Charged the battery up and went to start but it doesnt want to know.

Sometimes the speedo and other dials kind of have a fit twitching then stop and other times it resets the clock. Neither time does the motor turn though.

Before i go changing the battery and starter motor does anyone have any ideas?:S

Going to try jump starting it later and see if that helps.

Does it turn over at all? Or is there nothing there at all when you turn the key? If that's the case it could be a starter motor problem (like mine). Also it could be an immobliser problem.

it does click like its going to turn over but the clock sometimes resets as there is a lack of power somewhere.

going to try and start it with jump leads tommorow, if not then will have to have a look at the starter motor i guess.

thats what i thought, just thought i would see if anybody new anything else.

fingers crossed then.

clio sport 172 (2003
I had the same problem and cured it with a new battery, you had might as well try that first as it is the cheapest option. The battery can show a full charge but still be faulty and not provide a current.

Clio 172 Cup
mines has been sitting a while and when i tried to jump it today it just started to click. it did offer to start but then just died again. think i mite try a new battery tomorrow.