ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Steering Weel

Does anyone else with a 172 have this problem?

my rubber on the steering wheel keeps splitting ! cant seem to replace it as it looks "injection" moulded into steering wheel - not %100 sure about this but it looks like it is.

can this be claimed under warranty ?

anyone ?

cheers,

Lionel Richie

depends on the age of the car, if its over either 12 or 18 months old (cant remember which) then Renault will say "wear and tear"

172Uk, if you mean the rubber inserts on the steering wheel, I had the same problem, the right hand side one came unstuck and then split. Renault Leicester fitted me a brand new steering wheel under warranty. Car is 18 Months old and has 26,000 miles on it.

Chris.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

bugger, I hope this isnt a common problem.. it will cost a bit to do cause of the airbag i would imagine.

cheers guys,

chris_leic172 thanks for the info. yep mine is the rubber inserts on the steering wheel.

my 172 has done 18k and is 14 months old.

great car though but im now getting all sorts of problems with it which is annoying!

just hand gear box mounts done under warranty and air bag fault had to be re-wired!

no problems until 300 miles ago !

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 23 September 2003

bugger, I hope this isnt a common problem.. it will cost a bit to do cause of the airbag i would imagine.
Changing the wheel isnt that expensive (but then again it is RENAULT), just use the same airbag

I have had this problem - I was hoping to get someone to make a new one in an alternative material and pull off the old rubber and glue it on again...