ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Throttle bodies on Rolling Road

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
hmm very nice,

i want i want i want.

see the test beast has 72,5k on it, not a bit of a waste o cash at that mileage as not alot of people will be wanting to buy it with high miles?

just my 2p.

whats it expected to be make bhp wise? 225ish?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
hmm very nice,

i want i want i want.

see the test beast has 72,5k on it, not a bit of a waste o cash at that mileage as not alot of people will be wanting to buy it with high miles?

just my 2p.

Chic the cars done 72k, the engine has been comletely built....Numerous times! It's prob not done over 5k since it was 'fixed'

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
LOL at the last vid, the engine mounts look soooo stressed!

Sounds seriously seriously good :)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
hmm very nice,

i want i want i want.

just my 2p.

Chic the cars done 72k, the engine has been comletely built....Numerous times! It's prob not done over 5k since it was 'fixed'

yeh but your missing my point whats the resale on a car with that mileage with 3k worth of mods - ie not alot.

appreciate it might not be for resale and for track use, but that would put me off doing the conversion on mine sadly as im at 58k and wouldnt get much interest at 70k or whatever

yeh but your missing my point whats the resale on a car with that mileage with 3k worth of mods - ie not alot.

appreciate it might not be for resale and for track use, but that would put me off doing the conversion on mine sadly as im at 58k and wouldnt get much interest at 70k or whatever

it's not for sale so doesn't really matter, plus the engine's worth more than a lot of cars on here ;)

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
mk1 with a much simpler conversion went for £5100 recently with more miles..

to the right person it will be worth the cash...

seen quite a few change hands at higher miles...

the car milage is usually not relavant, espcially if the engine has been rebuilt

mk1 with a much simpler conversion went for £5100 recently with more miles..

to the right person it will be worth the cash...

seen quite a few change hands at higher miles...

the car milage is usually not relavant, espcially if the engine has been rebuilt

that and if they are anything like me they would rather just keep adding to it than upgrade and spend 3x the price on a newish car that is anywhere near as quick.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Some of us petrolheads on here probably wouldnt give a sh*t about mileage.
It would only sell to someone who was looking for a "seriously" fast car!
Ive heard some of the jesus,s driving tales&to leave behind some stuck up ur ar*e businessmen in their expensive cars is what its all about for me.
Ive done the cams now im saving for the bodies as well ;) and mines a MK2 and nearing 50k on the clock!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

it's not for sale so doesn't really matter, plus the engine's worth more than a lot of cars on here ;)

yeh i gathered that china - just an observation

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Ive heard some of the jesus,s driving tales&to leave behind some stuck up ur ar*e businessmen in their expensive cars is what its all about for me.
Ive done the cams now im saving for the bodies as well ;) and mines a MK2 and nearing 50k on the clock!

I wouldn't buy a mod'd car, a GDi car or a highMilage car as my daily runner...And i'm a petrol head...I fail to see your point mate...

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

maybe next year for me,but dnt know if the mileage on mine merits it, ill be at 60k by the end of the year :(

pants

I wouldn't buy a mod'd car, a GDi car or a highMilage car as my daily runner...And i'm a petrol head...I fail to see your point mate...

your car spending habbits are similar to an escaped mental patient though and follow no pattern to say this is actually true or not... as you bought a Mk2 Ph2 172... modded it/sold it... bought a shed of a Williams and spent a load of money getting it to look pretty... to then sell it at great loss I'd imagine... then bought a Mk2 Vee and convinced yourself it's not slow and doesn't handle like a roller skate... then modded that too...

All extremely sensible decisions, not only that but they are all Clio's, which makes your point about not wanting blah blah blah as a daily driver totally mute... as they all have one thing in common. They are Clio's!!! Hardly synonymous with reliability are they? ;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
awesome andy,
was a long day that one,

ali, stop being a knob lol

milage really isnt a issue on cars like that as they get looked after and rebuilt alot, jons is on 80k now and is getting rebuilt soon,

love it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

your car spending habbits are similar to an escaped mental patient though and follow no pattern to say this is actually true or not... as you bought a Mk2 Ph2 172... modded it/sold it... bought a shed of a Williams and spent a load of money getting it to look pretty... to then sell it at great loss I'd imagine... then bought a Mk2 Vee and convinced yourself it's not slow and doesn't handle like a roller skate... then modded that too...

All extremely sensible decisions, not only that but they are all Clio's, which makes your point about not wanting blah blah blah as a daily driver totally mute... as they all have one thing in common. They are Clio's!!! Hardly synonymous with reliability are they? ;)

Clio shout....Humm i'll give you that but for the money you won't have as much fun or go as fast. Plus all my cars have looked the piece....Even dare i say it my old 1.2...

Willy wasn't a shed, just wasn't the best. The most expensive part was fixing the arches...That was my choice. Bought for 1800 sold for 2500... Granted i spent 1500 on it tho... Could be worse i could of spent 20k!

172 - Basic mods, none of this cams's, Stand alone management system. - Thats not moddin imo.

Vee - PERFECT! And i'd thrash you on track...And i think you know that already!

Love ya!x

Clio shout....Humm i'll give you that but for the money you won't have as much fun or go as fast. Plus all my cars have looked the piece....Even dare i say it my old 1.2...

Willy wasn't a shed, just wasn't the best. The most expensive part was fixing the arches...That was my choice. Bought for 1800 sold for 2500... Granted i spent 1500 on it tho... Could be worse i could of spent 20k!

172 - Basic mods, none of this cams's, Stand alone management system. - Thats not moddin imo.

Love ya!x

I bought the Willy to use daily, with the intention of putting a lot of miles on it and wasting money on it... so not really a problem... what was your point again? lol

Basic mods are modding, but 'proper' mods like ITB's, stand alone etc etc aren't? Lay of the brown... or "skag" I think you guys call it.

You'd probably thrash me on track yeah, but that's no real achievement. My car however with equal driver wouldn't just beat, or smoke your Vee, it would actually make it look so pedestrian it would be a total embarrassment to it... but then I think you know that ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Love ya!x

I bought the Willy to use daily, with the intention of putting a lot of miles on it and wasting money on it... so not really a problem... what was your point again? lol

Basic mods are modding, but 'proper' mods like ITB's, stand alone etc etc aren't? Lay of the brown... or "skag" I think you guys call it.

You'd probably thrash me on track yeah, but that's no real achievement. My car however with equal driver wouldn't just beat, or smoke your Vee, it would actually make it look so pedestrian it would be a total embarrassment to it... but then I think you know that ;)

Pahhhh!!! It would break then i would catch up! ;)

Pahhhh!!! It would break then i would catch up! ;)

you're getting confused with my Williams. This one's cost me fook all in repairs :approve:

i think we should all meet up for a brandy and lemonade

not a bad idea... does it have to be in Belgium though as funds are low at the minute lol

1.2 MK2 PH2
i dont understand the concept of throttle bodys tbh? i understand they give a car more power... but what exactly are they in laments term? is it to allow more cold air in to the car or what?

Megane Trophy
i dont understand the concept of throttle bodys tbh? i understand they give a car more power... but what exactly are they in laments term? is it to allow more cold air in to the car or what?

Simple terms you have an individual air inlet per cylinder as opposed to one for four cylinders on the normal 172.

This increases the air into the cylinder, along with that the fueling.

More AIR + More FUEL = More POWER

Megane Trophy
I must say when i first started browsin these forums 2 years ago, GDI didnt have such a good name in my eyes.
BBT/K TEC offered the best aftermarket stuff

However after 2 years it now seems that GDI lead the N/A game and i beleive Mark Fish and Rentech for servicing.

Keep up the good work Andy and its always good to see people developing and building new cars not just the same old thing the whole time the k-tec tuning parts.

I know of a set of bodies that most N/A guys will be dieying to get there hands on after March 2008.
Andy email me and il tell you more!

Megane Trophy
Same idea as the new one, but these were produced before hand and are better built and made.

My friend is one of the designers and they give about 10% more airflow than jenveys!