ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 to 182 exhaust manifold

Clio Sport 172
Im looking at buying the 4-2-1 182 manifold for my 172, but im worried that its different.

It looks like it longer then the 4-1 which i think it is but thats not my main worry, my main worry is that when i come to buy and exhaust how do i know it will fit do i have to buy the 182 exhaust. Say like i want a milltec exhaust with decat will i have to buy it as the car being a 182 not 172? I know K-tec make a special de cat for the manifold swap just need to know about the exhaust

Cheersss

330i. E30 Touring.
You can use a 172 exhaust with no problems, you just have to get the correct link pipe bought/made up.

The biggest pain in the arse is actually fitting the manifold.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If you do a search you'll find more info about it , quite a few people have put a 182 exhaust manifold on their 172 . They probably had some sort of custom decat or exhaust made . A 182 exhaust won't fit because your 172 has a well for the spare wheel so it's in the way .

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Standard or aftermarket exhaust fits fine as long as you have a cat/decat pipe made or bought to fit. I made a custom cat for mine. Seems to have worked quite well so far