ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 to 182 rear conversion?

W

WrongJohn

Hi,

I am still looking for a nice 172 but am sure I will find one soon.

I dont however like the rear of the facelift 172's (2003) and as this is the year I am looking at, I will have to sort it out somehow. I especially dont like the way the exhaust looks compared to the 182.

So I was wondering if its possible to retrofit a 182 bumper, and then have someone like powerflow build a custom exhaust to fit into it. Or even better, if there is no difference in exhaust mounts I could go for something like a Blueflame exhaust into standard 182 bumper - that would be too easy though!

Any advice - has anyone else done this?

Regards
John

W

WrongJohn

I guess that includes quite a bit of bumper choppery?

Regards
John.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
well the bumpers are the same just the exhust on the 182 is inserted, so you could cut the holes for the exhaust, buy the little bumper trims, and then buy the looky likey exhaust.

R26
Not really tbh..... Just need to make two small cut-outs where the exhuasts will sit. K-Tec provide the bumper trims for the cut-outs too.....

do it. look at this 172 :)

hpim00971mx6uo.jpg

dsc076010gu3mc.jpg

imgp00895ec.jpg

imgp00908gl.jpg