ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 to civic type r

Re: 172 too civic type r

Been on ctro for leas than one day what an awful forum , everyones need to calm the f down lol

One thing I've found the civic forums are s**t lol. Ek9.org is quiet and not much goes on, civic life is a dive full of try to hard turd polishers lol.

Type-r owners is the better ​of the civic forums I found.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

Providing you dont ask the usual questions. You do get some right be**ends on there tbh.

clio 172 phase 2

Think il stay on this forum tbh and just use the civic forum for 2nd hand parts .

Ive been reading about the k100 and all the others .seems to be alot of discussion about the cpl reflash ? Guess it like the rs tuner vs the live map sorta thing , some very good gains though with the k100 etc and supporting mods .

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

Speak to Keith (kpowell) off here ref the cpl reflash as he's had it done. I was very tempted but didn't think I would keep the car long so didn't bother, and as it happens didnt. I'm pretty confident any question you have can be answered on here :)

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172

I've tried the fujitstubo that looks standard, didnt like it, tailpipes were too big. What sound are you looking for?

I want something that's barely noticeable unless driving like a tool... :eek:

Sorry for thread hijack Dan!

I'm sure you could an exhaust with a similar twin tailpipe like the OEM exhaust if your going for the subtle look :)

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

I've got a DC5 b pipe and standard back box on mine. Perfect for my sensitive ears lol

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

Silenced mate. Probably no louder than standard but it was on when I bought it so I can't compare

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

Lol, what is ^^. Unsilenced will give it more rasp, depends what you fancy.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

For the cash thats epic.

I thought 55 plates were all Premiers though?

Get a Hondata with the money you have saved on purchase price ;) Either a reflash or a full on Map session :)

clio 172 phase 2

For the cash thats epic.

I thought 55 plates were all Premiers though?

Get a Hondata with the money you have saved on purchase price ;) Either a reflash or a full on Map session :)

Do you rate the cpl reflash mate? I cant seem me going further than exhaust and decent induction tbh.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

I'm sure he will go into more detail mate but he was the person who nearly swayed me to get it. If your not going down the big modded route it's ideal. Looking back I wish I had done it.

Fiesta ST Stage 3

I was going to get the K/100 as I had the Teg M PRC inlet B pipe and DC5 manifold but sold the car before I did it .

Thin it was £ 850 ish from Gilford .

Alan

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Teg M

Great bit of kit :)

attachment.jpg

Fiesta ST Stage 3

An old post about the K/100

My thoughts to untill i did some reading on it .

+ 35 BHP and 35 LB/FT in the mid range is what people rave about

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

Not sure that would bother me really, benefit would out weigh that IMO

PB Clio 172

lol at that interior ....

Honda are always good for holding the price of cars if you sell in a few years but for me that's as good as they get for me

clio 172 phase 2
What are these like on fuel? I dont do alot of mileage , hardly motorway i use my seat ibiza tdi for long journeys

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Motorway should see 30-35, vtec all the time and its mid 20's.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Worse than the Clio but nothing horrific although alot worse on track than the Clio if that's what your considering.

What are these like on fuel? I dont do alot of mileage , hardly motorway i use my seat ibiza tdi for long journeys

They are slightly heavier on fuel then the 1*2's just general driving. But certainly a more noticeable drop of MPG when putting the hammer down then the 1*2's.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
@ rollerdan

I moved from a 172 to the EP3 Civic Type R, and went on CTRO like you for about a week.
Had a google for other forums and I've been on Type-R-Owners for 5 or so years now, it is a great place, with a lot of knowledgable people on, far better class than CTRO in my opinion.

I could return 38-39 mpg on motorway at good cruising speeds too. 30mpg round town and bit of here and there.

Irrespective of what anyone says on here about them being sh!t or whatever, they are leagues in front of the Clio for build quality. And I'm not biased as I still have a 182 cup as a daily driver, I chopped the CTR after 4 years for a CRZ.

Driving position is what dreams are made of, really really good.

Looks like you have a nice example mate. Being an army mate, hes not already on TRO is he???

clio 172 phase 2
@ rollerdan

I moved from a 172 to the EP3 Civic Type R, and went on CTRO like you for about a week.
Had a google for other forums and I've been on Type-R-Owners for 5 or so years now, it is a great place, with a lot of knowledgable people on, far better class than CTRO in my opinion.

I could return 38-39 mpg on motorway at good cruising speeds too. 30mpg round town and bit of here and there.

Irrespective of what anyone says on here about them being sh!t or whatever, they are leagues in front of the Clio for build quality. And I'm not biased as I still have a 182 cup as a daily driver, I chopped the CTR after 4 years for a CRZ.

Driving position is what dreams are made of, really really good.

Looks like you have a nice example mate. Being an army mate, hes not already on TRO is he???

Hey mate thanks for the imput on the fuel consumption doesnt seem to bad too me , thats what made me want the honda the sitting position is awesome , as far as im aware he is not on any forums dude , he had had show winning cars before so know it looked after , hea had 3 cars built by eccosse in scotland and won countless trophies so hes well into cars and stuff so very confident its a good one .

Just signed up for tro seems more friendly to me :) gotta have 50 posts to see for sale section though :(

Mini Cooper S JCW
Had a tegiwa intake on my dc5, oooh my that made a nice noise! Teamed with a spoon exhaust.....wish i still had that car

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Hey mate thanks for the imput on the fuel consumption doesnt seem to bad too me , thats what made me want the honda the sitting position is awesome , as far as im aware he is not on any forums dude , he had had show winning cars before so know it looked after , hea had 3 cars built by eccosse in scotland and won countless trophies so hes well into cars and stuff so very confident its a good one .

Just signed up for tro seems more friendly to me :) gotta have 50 posts to see for sale section though :(

Unsilenced B-pipe as well is a good cheap ish mod for your exhaust sound without changing the look of the pretty decent OEM backbox

Sportex and Supersprint are quite popular.