ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 to mk1 Focus RS

Meg 230 R26 F1
Just spent an hour or so looking at similar cars with same budget etc... ive narrowed it down...

ford focus rs

alfa 147 gta

volvo s40 (t4, older one...can achieve good bhp!)

golf r32 (2002)

audi s3

or for slightly higher insurance...evo iv

Z4
If the main criteria is fun and looks smart:

S2000, dc5 Teg.

350z and tt are too heavy to be considered fun, the same goes for the z4.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Nah. I would give up a bit of fun factor if it meant it being luxurious. Just so long as it's not stupid slow.
BMW 330Ci convertible? (Warren is probably thinking - I can't see you in a convertible) x

Audi TT 3.2 V6
If the main criteria is fun and looks smart:

S2000, dc5 Teg.

350z and tt are too heavy to be considered fun, the same goes for the z4.

The z4 isnt that heavy really and with a 0-60 time of around 5.7 secs thats got to raise some smiles. The z4 is also renound for its handling is it not?

Excellent car for £12k imo.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
my bro has just sold his mk1 focus rs, tbh it was absolutely immaculate, no expense spared anywhere, it had a full 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, Forge Actuator, Forge 007 split dump valve (IIRC) re-map by a guy on there, we estimated it to be putting out approx 260-270 bhp as it had one of the best maps from the factory, which was then added to by the re-map

As a car on the road, very quick throughout the gears, very suprisingly lack of wheel spin, probably due to the bigger wheels, wider tyres and LSD

He has since sold it for the following reason, which after driving the car back from being mapped i fully understand

Running 1.5 bar boost, holding boost at 1.45 BAR, however even on light throttle it was wacking the boost in far too much, to the point it was dragging you towards the kerb, which for a driving enthusiast like my bro wasnt really suitable especially as he likes to enjoy his cars down country lanes

I blame the forge actuator, as a standard car with standard actuator it was extremely well behaved on a back road and controllable, with the forge it just went on steroids

Good luck, I didnt realise they were similar to insure as the 1*2's otherwise i may have bought it from him

Z4
The z4 isnt that heavy really and with a 0-60 time of around 5.7 secs thats got to raise some smiles. The z4 is also renound for its handling is it not?

Excellent car for £12k imo.

True, the z4 isn't crazy heavy, but I still can't see it being 'fun'.

It's too refined, I hear its got a crashy chassis too?

I'm only speaking my mind, I own an audi tt with some mods, 0-60 would be around 5.5 seconds but it's still not fun. I came from a clio cup and it's not a drivers car like that at all

BMW E92/Audi S3
Getting a megane 225 now guys.. Back to the French I go :(
Saving lots of money though!! Was the budget option :)