ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 trade in value

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive just been to my local Honda dealer to see what hell offer for my car.

Its an 03 172 EU import with 15500 on the clock. He offered me £10k which seemed very good to me.

I think I may be paying him a visit again in the coming months to discuss things further. :D

Lee

BMW M2C

Thats what I thought. Ill put the standard exhaust back on and get a few quid for the Magnex which should cover the increase in insurance.

Lee

BMW M2C

Insurance is around £100 a year more.

I almost bought a Type R this time last year when I got the Clio. It was always going to happen I guess. Its not definite Ill do it, I need to have a word at work first but its pretty likely.

Yup, the dealer is just down the road from Motorhouse 2000, so he sees plenty of EU imports. The trade in is good, but then they dont discount CTRs at all.

clio 172 MKII

mines a 51 172 - 34.5k and Renault offered mte 6700!! and would only knock off 1k from the book price of the 182 - i think ill be going private!:mad:

Abarth 595 Trufeo

LEWY - thats bloody awful
We just part exd our X reg 2000 mk1 172 with 21k on the clock and we got £7800.

I cant see how they think they can get away with offering such a pitiful amount.

Did you buy the car from them?
or is it an import?

H

clio 172 MKII

NO full uk spec

its a joke m8. im gunna go to Wests (small franchise renault dealer) they should be more accomdating!!

Just traded my 02 172 import with 8.5k. Got 9k from renault dealer which is a grand more than anyone else was offering .So pleased I didnt pay uk money for it.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by steve68 on 16 February 2004

Just traded my 02 172 import with 8.5k. Got 9k from renault dealer which is a grand more than anyone else was offering .So pleased I didnt pay uk money for it.
Thats what I thought, loosing £2.6k in a year over 15550 miles isnt so bad.

What was that against? I suspect a lot has to do with the car you are buying. CTRs dont get discounted so they will give a slightly better P/X by the looks of things.

GIT.....Sorry

Ive looked at several different cars and the best Ive been offered is £9,500 on my 03 UK 172.....argh.....and its only got 11k on it :mad: