ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Tuning BHP?

Clio 172
Just bought a 172 with apparently a Full Stainless System, De-Cat, Pipercross Viper and a Remap (unsure of this) but it goes VERY well.....

He claimed it to be around 200bhp is this possible from these mods?

Also got a metallic rattling from underneath at certain revs would this be a heatshield?

Another thing im used to a Hydraulic Clutch, this one has a good biting point but very sort of on off feel, this normal or could it be uprated.

Cheers.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
200bhp is fictional with those modifications pal.

The F4R engines struggle to make their stated Renault figures. I wouldnt get too hung up on figures and be happy with how well it actually drives.

Clio 172
175 from a map and the other bits??? seems Renault are rubbish with making standard figures then.

I build TU engines into 106 Rally Cars they make over what they claim and respond very well to similar mods. My TU5J4 made 150bhp with map, cams and breathing mods.

Nippy white cup
yep as dan says really. I wouldn't worry tho...mine was last RR at 172 bhp yet can do an almost sub 14 sec 1/4 and has pulled a lot going against other 1*2 so I guess it isn't all about RR results. If it feels nice and strong then it is probably a good un

Clio 172
Yep sounds VERY loud and grunty when revving hard almost like it wants to go bang, wouldnt be suprised if it was cammed also as its very grunty, my 182 was nothing on this.