ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 upgrades

evo ix 510bhp 460ftlb
hi just selling my evo ix which is 510 bhp its costing me a fortune to run im looking for a 172 cup what sort of gains would i get with head work cams throttle bodys full exhaust going to build a full on track weapon cage stripped out etc /seems to me the clio engine doesnt want to give the power up been looking at civic type r as well minimal mods carbon air box/ rbc/ manifold back exhaust/ k pro ecu 250 bhp from a 2lt 16v wow any experience with these mods to a 172 cup:D

172 Cup
Full on build will see high 230's. Type r's are ok, a few lads have had them on here but then gone back to the clio's. Better handling in my opinion, lighter and slightly quicker!! I roast em all day long around my area!! Best thing for the clios now is the supercharger, RS Tuning do a good kit on standard management.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Ph1
Go straight for the supercharger kit for 250 bhp out the box on a stock engine.

The mods youve listed is a hell of a lot of work with just about the same cash outlay with less BHP and a cap on any future potential.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We have a couple of new power kits in the pipeline. If you would like to know more give us a call on 01202 820800.

David.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
lol

well any Clio, doesn't really matter if it's done by someone that knows their onions. 260bhp and 221lbs/ft on a completely standard 110k engine and 0.5 bar boost. Charger will take over a bar more than that :)

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Ben, that's with internal work as per post above :)

Not sure how it will handle 400bhp in a JC5 either, but the gearboxes are not as bad as people say. IMO most people who experience issues flat shift, miss gears and crunch it and never change the oil... I was one of those and went through 5 of them! Current one is 110k old and absolutely fine, not a crunch or whine in sight :D