ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs 182

l!ckeldev!l_2k1 said:
can_of_worms.jpg

;)

defo big 1 ..............................:quiet:
my engine covers bigger than yours, blah,blah ..................lol

the 182 with cup packs is a much better car.

the manifold is much better for a start.

Any way the 182 just drives so much better i found the 172 to understeer

the 182 just keeps gripping even in the wet.

I have had both at the same time so not talking bull sh1t.

Megane Mk4
kullycliosport said:
defo big 1 ..............................:quiet:
my engine covers bigger than yours, blah,blah ..................lol
Yup might be.. but mine has a "wheel barrow" effect exhaust too so I can keep BOTH hands warm at the same time!!

;) :rasp: :D

l!ckeldev!l_2k1 said:
Yup might be.. but mine has a "wheel barrow" effect exhaust too so I can keep BOTH hands warm at the same time!!

;) :rasp: :D

oh damn those 182 new heaters , i can fit in my drainpipe .....lol:star: :star:

oneeighttwo said:
Welcome to CS I noticed its your first post!! this has been done to death but just so you know 182 is 10,000 times faster then a 172, the williams is quicker then both of them put together and the 172 cup is the quickest car on the planet LOL ;)

You forgot to mention that the Trophy flies up to 5000' and dumps a steaming pile of sh!t over all of them!!! :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Mrdemon said:
the 182 with cup packs is a much better car.

the manifold is much better for a start.

Any way the 182 just drives so much better i found the 172 to understeer

the 182 just keeps gripping even in the wet.

I have had both at the same time so not talking bull sh1t.

Grip is mainly down to the PE2's in the wet.!

Megane Mk4
Ali said:
Grip is mainly down to the PE2's in the wet.!

Errmmmm... not when I'm driving they don't :eek:
I've had the back end of mine quiver quite a few times in the wet. :(

MINI JCW
Neil G said:
Why does it look better...is it because there are a couple of peashooters on show at the rear and some plastic trim added?

Surely that stuff adds weight

I think it looks better because of the twin exhaust, the wheels are better and I also like the rear spoiler. I know they is not alot of difference but IMO i feel the 182 looks more sportier

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The things i didn't like about the 182

grey headlights
Silver seatbelts
Exhausts
Interior.
Trim
ESP
Colour choices.

VaVa
As above.

Although the main reason I didn't get one was it was never going to command a premium price above my 172, given the required initail outlay to get one....

The 172/182's are treated on the second hand car market as exactly what they are - Pretty much the same f**king car.

Clio 172 mk2
lagerlout1 said:
As above.

Although the main reason I didn't get one was it was never going to command a premium price above my 172, given the required initail outlay to get one....

The 172/182's are treated on the second hand car market as exactly what they are - Pretty much the same f**king car.

Too true

l!ckeldev!l_2k1 said:
Errmmmm... not when I'm driving they don't :eek:
I've had the back end of mine quiver quite a few times in the wet. :(

is that cos ur poo ????????:slap: :race: lol

Can we bring something else to the table...

Renault apparently cherry-picked the 172 Cup engines, therefore most are "good-uns" compared to the hit and miss nature of the other 172/182s. RRs may not mean anything, but when you've got loads of the same cars attending on the same day and the Cups all get very very similar readings to each other, and then the 182s and then Trophy's all get similar readings to each other, well there must be something in it. The Cups seem to consistently get the higher outputs, and yes I own one but I'm selling it so I'm not biased!

Discuss :)

106 GTi
Ali said:
The things i didn't like about the 182

grey headlights
Silver seatbelts
Exhausts
Interior.
Trim
ESP
Colour choices.

Must say the headlights and seat belts are a bit naff. Hated the wheels when I first got mine but they have grown on me now.

What are the differences in Interior and Trim Ali?