ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs BMW @ Combe today

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted for you mate. Seems like you're the bigger man in the situation. I'd be fuming but you taken it well, very infact.

Cooksport Fleet
I was out in this same session, I overtook the BMW about a lap before this incident.

I have plenty of experience on track and driving standards, this bloke was driving like a belI. I was sat behind him for a good lap whilst he refused to let me past.

He was clearly struggling to keep control of the rear end with his right foot and the car was literally all over the place. (Oversteer and flick back). In the end I just went up the inside into tower.

You have a number of options when a
car in front gets out of shape on track, and anchoring on the brakes half way down a straight is not usually the best option. I did not see this incident happen, but I can picture it pretty clearly as I've been in similar situations many a time. There isn't much Dan could of really done, but you can never tell what another driver will do. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though. I would have most likely of done the same in the situation.

When you are on track you have to trust that everyone you go near has a sense of ability, spacial awareness and courtesy. If you don't assume this, you will spend the day going very slowly and scared of everything around you (and more likely end up in an incident).

Dan was collected in someone else's incident, FACT, the BMW should have accepted responsibility. Once the BMW had gone infield he should have kept it on there and slowed the car down in the MASSIVE field in the middle and rejoined when safe, not kept it pinned.

Accidents do happen on track, and anyone who pushes it regularly will have them. It's just a shitter when someone else causes it.

I was rear ended at Donny by a formula Renault the other week, the guy didn't say a word. The race car ruined!

Take it as an experience and move on!

As I said Dan, got a trailer here if you need it.

Clio 182 FF
Given how many muppets there normally are at these days sticking their car (and someone else's car in this case!) into the barriers, I'm surprised there's no photos or video of the crash around online yet.

What's with the airbags not going off? Given the damage I'd have expected them to go surely?

Given how many muppets there normally are at these days sticking their car (and someone else's car in this case!) into the barriers, I'm surprised there's no photos or video of the crash around online yet.

What's with the airbags not going off? Given the damage I'd have expected them to go surely?
There wasn't really any frontal impact for them to trigger. I do have an airbag light on though lol.

Avon Rise has been fully debris-fenced now, so you don't get very many people watching along there (although it's a fascinating place to watch from). The only footage would come from the raised bit at Folly, but people don't often film from there (usually Camp or Quarry)

Normally I would be against the relentless growth of debris fencing, but I had a brown pants moment and only just avoided various parts of a Formula Ford stood there last year, and cars parked along there have been damaged in the past.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Show me!!! :)

josh1.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
Ambition > Adhesion?

Driving into a gap that was never there?

Driving straight to the scene of the accident?

This thread contains so much Brundle

Tbh, it'll just end up going back in circles. Who spun, who was too close etc etc.

We've both put our stories across, I can understand the initial defensive tone that Kimmer had taken, as if it was your loved one that had been involved, and was being slated, naturally you would. I think now we have both sides we have a decent understanding of what happened and the thread may aswell be closed IMO.

53 Clio's & counting
I believe both parties have spoken to each other, and as per Dan's post I think thats a good note to end it on

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.