ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs BMW @ Combe today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
danlp6. (Or Dan@SJM as he's now known)

​There's a ''Cup 172 breaking'' thread already.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yes, but not his fault. An over ambitious e36 BMW crashed into him and put him into the barrier. Was a big crash!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Someone also wrote off a brand new meg 250. I didn't see it but apparently is was proper munched.

Oh, and some lunatic in a 306 managed to bin his car on the cool down lap. For some reason the cool down lap was the fastest we'd seen him go all session!

All of the above is the reason I only spectate at action days. Too many Heroes about.

180.5 bhp 172
Someone also wrote off a brand new meg 250. I didn't see it but apparently is was proper munched.

Oh, and some lunatic in a 306 managed to bin his car on the cool down lap. For some reason the cool down lap was the fastest we'd seen him go all session!

All of the above is the reason I only spectate at action days. Too many Heroes about.

I have action pics of the Meg crashing. They will be up shortly.
Hapened at Quarry. Caught the grass at the braking point with the pass. side wheel, which then dragged him onto the grass, down the tyre wall, then he bounced round a few times before driving off again!!
Every panel has gone..

I saw the 306 being dropped off next to our stand smashed to bits. He was tripod'ing all the way around Quarry most the day!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What's an action day then, any old bugger on track?

Yeah basically. Today there was a bloke in a E reg sierra estate with no bumpers on it. In the same session as a GTR. It's just a recipe for disaster.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yeah basically. Today there was a bloke in a E reg sierra estate with no bumpers on it. In the same session as a GTR. It's just a recipe for disaster.

Doesnt sound good at all, get enough muppets on ya average track day

hope all drivers/passengers were ok. I was passenger in an M3 that came off and went sideways into the tyre wall at Anglesey the other week, missing the pit wall by inches. It's a scary experience when I've never been in any kind of car crash before *touches wood*

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
So which trackdays would be good for someone who's never been on track before,
and doesn't want his car smashed to bits but tw*ts?

Bit scared now tbh, just when i'm start thinking it's a good idea I hear stories like this.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

Bit scared now tbh, just when i'm start thinking it's a good idea I hear stories like this.

oulton park is fairly good with lots of run off. Just don't do a novice day and you should be ok

To be fair Dave to shouldn't let it out you off.

I much prefer the full open pit days (one in July actually - the 2nd) where you get people who ideally wan to spend a full day there. Ok - yes you still get people on full days going out straight away balls out, but they soon release it from their system.

I paid 119 for my last full day there - I don't see the value in £35 for 15 minutes and the risk of 600bhp Evo's overtaking you incorrectly etc.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

I was looking at the renault sport trackdays for a first day out.

Seem like a much better option for anyone who hasn't been before, I certainly don't want t be getting in peoples way and stuff.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Saw the accident with the BMW and Dan (didn't know it was dan though) and saw the Megane hit the tyres. The Megane is a total loss nearly every panel.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Nope, one drag day at Shakespeare raceway,
kind of hard to crash when it's a 1/4 mile straight.

Good way to learn the whole days format, and some track etiquette is to do your first one as a passenger with someone who's done a few. Glad I did rather than just jump straight at it lol

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I was just going to pay for an instructor and do as i'm told tbh,
​hopefully having one in my car will keep any nutters away from me.

Hi guys,

Yeh, basically the BMW had cut a few other drivers up, I'd seen this so had headlights on to improve my chances if him seeing me.

He cut me up twice on bobbies, then camp, then gave it the big one down the straight. Lost it on Folley where I throttled off because if this, he went onto the grass and got it straight, I then pedalled it again and he literally came from the grass straight into the front of me pushed me into the barrier hard.

Cars a total loss, roof is kinked etc. both me and the gf are ok, just slightly sore, my wrist has taken the brunt of it and the gf has a bit of pain from the seat belt/smacking her head against the window.

Hi guys,

Yeh, basically the BMW had cut a few other drivers up, I'd seen this so had headlights on to improve my chances if him seeing me.

He cut me up twice on bobbies, then camp, then gave it the big one down the straight. Lost it on Folley where I throttled off because if this, he went onto the grass and got it straight, I then pedalled it again and he literally came from the grass straight into the front of me pushed me into the barrier hard.

Cars a total loss, roof is kinked etc. both me and the gf are ok, just slightly sore, my wrist has taken the brunt of it and the gf has a bit of pain from the seat belt/smacking her head against the window.

Really sorry to hear it dan ! Hope you can recoup some of the cost breaking it ! Glad you and your GF are okay mate

He didnt get away lightly..
17FC138C-8488-4126-A17C-6FA5D86EA909-4409-000002E7559CBBAD_zpsa1db8afc.jpg

The cup:
5C73578E-7850-4ACD-BBD1-5862CB7C9930-4781-00000317555A5D45_zps307acc50.jpg

7375032B-775C-4382-ACBB-78AAC570F1A5-4781-000003175B176BFF_zps4eb4893f.jpg

C46C90C2-CD9A-4DAA-A8C4-2EA508B7D58A-4781-000003175D1DD2FB_zpsa11ee4a2.jpg

4C7ABC53-BA24-4382-9DC0-92163F37124E-4781-000003175322C330_zps90c7f3ab.jpg

3DE554FA-3E27-4A88-85AF-4A44F88248B2-4409-000002E752A637A8_zps8286cc23.jpg

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I was about to say that's fixable until I took a closer look at it,
sadly the money and effort wouldn't be worth it, better to just start again with another car.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Ouch!

Really glad you and the missus are ok.

Not all BMW drivers are tools like this one, and it looks like he had a really nice example prior to the crash too. Shame to lose 2 nice cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.