ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 wheel hub differences - help please!

Clio 172
Can someone tell me if there are differences in front wheel hubs used on the 172's, and 172 cups?

Basically I need to replace a front wheel hub on my PH2 172 and I need to know if they are all the same on the PH2's (172 & cups) or if there are differences that I need to be aware of?

Really need an answer on this ASAP as my car is going into the garage on Thursday, and I could do with a hub before then! :S

RS RIP
different hubs went on the 182, so any 172 hub will do, 99% sure about this. Hope advice came on time.

Clio 172
Hmm.... one guy who was going to sell me a hub off his 172 cup asked me to measure the distance between the two bolt holes where the strut meets the hub. Mine are 54mm, he said his were 60mm :S I thought it was only the 182 cups and trophies, or maybe just the trophies that had 60mm strut bolt spacing?

And what's the deal with ABS sensors? The cups obviously had no ABS, so could that mean a difference in the hubs too?

Cheers guys

RS RIP
he must measure from/to the exact heart of the holes , i'm sure he's wrong.
172 hub being 54 and the 182 is indeed 60+

I bought my H&R's and the bolt spacing was 54mm for my 172 cup

RS RIP
So for some reason that guy must have had 182 cup/trophy hubs on his 172 then?

Any idea about the ABS situation with the 172 hubs?

If he has these hubs then he must have changed offset wheels to 45. I think he bought this one mistakenly and now wants to sell on.

EDIT: i myself have thought of the upgrade to bigger hubs (182, Laguna) because these are stronger/have bigger+stronger bearings. This guy may also have thought the same .

The ABS situation i honestly do'nt know about, sorry...